Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best place for a sports fan to live... Make your case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Yesterday I was talking to a guy at work about the Giants and how disappointing the Warriors' season ended but that our area is great for sports. Can anyone best this general area for sports? We have:
Baseball: Giants and A's in the majors
Nuts, Ports, SJ Giants and RiverCats for minor leagues
Football: Raiders and 49ers in NFL
Stanford and Cal for BCS college teams
Basketball: Warriors and Kings in NBA
Stanford and Cal NCAA
Hockey: Sharks

I'm guessing someone in the NY area could give us a challenge but I think you have to throw in the weather as a kicker :D

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Are you looking at it from a perspective of the most contending or popular teams or selection in a general area, as the major metropolis areas will almost always have a higher concentration of assorted teams.

Seattle has no pro NBA team any longer, but there are NFL and MLB teams. There are at least 3 minor league teams for baseball in the State (Everett, Tacoma and Spokane). Portland is a relatively short drive to see NBA. WA has several major colleges (UW, WSU, etc) with a variety of teams, a few junior hockey teams (Silver Tips and T-Birds, maybe others as I don't follow hockey) and Vancouver is close to the same drive as Portland to see NHL. There is Sounders soccer too.

Not a bad place to live overall, especially in the summer.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Are you looking at it from a perspective of the most contending or popular teams or selection in a general area, as the major metropolis areas will almost always have a higher concentration of assorted teams.

Seattle has no pro NBA team any longer, but there are NFL and MLB teams. There are at least 3 minor league teams for baseball in the State (Everett, Tacoma and Spokane). Portland is a relatively short drive to see NBA. WA has several major colleges (UW, WSU, etc) with a variety of teams, a few junior hockey teams (Silver Tips and T-Birds, maybe others as I don't follow hockey) and Vancouver is close to the same drive as Portland to see NHL. There is Sounders soccer too.

Not a bad place to live overall, especially in the summer.

I think it's a total shame Seattle lost the Sonics. I guess I should have added a winning tradition too. The Giants have three recently, the Warriors should have back to back, Niners have 4 I believe. The Yankees have the market cornered in titles and the Giants have a good tradition

jflan702

Sep 25, 2008
outside of Boston
Title Town - Boston

Patriots
Red Sox
Celtics
Bruins

All have won at least one title in the last 10 years.

Too many minor league and college teams to list in the area.

And everyone know the fans are the craziest.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Title Town - Boston

Patriots
Red Sox
Celtics
Bruins

All have won at least one title in the last 10 years.

Too many minor league and college teams to list in the area.

And everyone know the fans are the craziest.

Titletown is Green Bay.

That is all.

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
I live in Iowa, no case to make.

I have no complaints.

field-of-dreams.png

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Some could argue that Cincinnati (plus a 100 mile radius) is a great sports town.

MLB - Reds
MiLB - Dayton (Reds A), Columbus (Indians AAA), Chilicothe (Ind), Portsmouth (Ind), Louisville (KY-Reds AAA), Lexington (KY), Florence (KY - Ind), Indy (Pirates AAA)
NFL - Bengals, Colts, Browns (ok, a little more than 100 miles away but whose counting?)
NBA - Pacers, Cavaliers
NHL - Bluejackets
IHL - Cyclones
MLS - Columbus Crew
MiLS - FC Cincinnati
College Basketball - UC, Xavier, Dayton, Wright state, Ohio State, Miami of Ohio, UK (KY), Louisville (KY), Indiana (IN), Butler, (IN)
College Football - See list above with a few exceptions
College Hockey - Miami of Ohio
Roller Derby - Roller Girls

Plenty of sports to see within an hours drive in all directions.

Chicago could give any city a run for their money too!

Fordman

Latest posts