Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What card are you looking for but have never actually seen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
For me a 1997 Select Certified Mirror Black Jeter card. If one ever popped up it would probably go for an insane price that I couldn't afford at all.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Sorry to reanimate a dead thread, but I'm excited to have tracked down the 1997 Durham Bulls to Braves David Justice card. It is one of my most wanted, and it just popped up randomly on one of my regular searches on comc.com. Thrilled to have added it to my inventory!
David-Justice.jpg
Congrats on finding it...

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

jflan702

Sep 25, 2008
outside of Boston
Still looking for a 2004 Leaf Second Edition #195 Barry Bonds. I was about to close that set, and then someone showed me a scan of one that they had. I couldn't pry it free then. Anyone have one now and want to make a few bucks?

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Sorry to reanimate a dead thread, but I'm excited to have tracked down the 1997 Durham Bulls to Braves David Justice card. It is one of my most wanted, and it just popped up randomly on one of my regular searches on comc.com. Thrilled to have added it to my inventory!
David-Justice.jpg

Congrats! I know the feeling. It happened to me this week with a '99 Fleer Tradition Starting 9 Paul O'Neill parallel. Never laid eyes on a single copy until last week.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Still looking for a 2004 Leaf Second Edition #195 Barry Bonds. I was about to close that set, and then someone showed me a scan of one that they had. I couldn't pry it free then. Anyone have one now and want to make a few bucks?

Keep your eyes peeled for COMC and Burbank. Based on what they list, that's right up their alley.

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
Other than 1/1's my top Mariano Rivera's would be these two:

1998 Bowman Chrome Golden Anniversary Refractor /5
1999 Fleer Tradition Starting Nine /9

I've been collecting since November 2011 and I've never seen either of them. There was one other Mo super collector before me that I bought out (and who used to post here all the time) and he'd never seen them either. I think he started around 2004, so this was years before Mo became a superstar.

I'd pay a $200+ finders fee for anyone that can help me get either one.

Scott F

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Since this thread was revived, did you ever find one? I am pretty sure I have one. It is a postcard sized item, not a card sized item.
I'm a Dodgers collector so for me it's an obscure odd-ball card - 1985 Jerry Reuss Cystic Fibrosis Card.

Sports Collectors Digest shows it as the only card in the set. It is well known that Cystic Fibrosis was the charity of choice for Reuss and he often participated in annual Golf Tournaments supporting the cause but other than trusting SC Digest I have never actually seen a picture of this card. I've had it as a saved search in eBay for 3+ years and have never seen one pop up.

What's yours?

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
1989 Jones Photo Darryl Kile

I'm sure this giveaway at a Tucson Toros game is out there but I've never seen it.

I mistakenly bought a "complete" 89 set thinking it was the 88, I need the Biggio, I just double checked, I have no kile in my "set". This leads me to one of two conclusions, either a: I was sold an incomplete set but it was labeled as complete, or b: Kile was in the original checklist but for some reason never made it to print.

promodeltodd

Aug 7, 2008
2004 Topps Pristine #115 Bobby Brownlie Refractor Rare #/49. This card has never been seen by anyone yet it is still listed. They have card #168 and 169 of Chris Saenz listed on checklist but Beckett said it was never produced-I have the gold versions.

In same set the Chin-Feng Chen Patch Place Refractor #/10. Never seen one yet there is one graded by Beckett.

Other than printing plates, I am down to the two cards listed above, 2 other patch place refractors and 3 gold refractors as the only cards left for my complete master set.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I mistakenly bought a "complete" 89 set thinking it was the 88, I need the Biggio, I just double checked, I have no kile in my "set". This leads me to one of two conclusions, either a: I was sold an incomplete set but it was labeled as complete, or b: Kile was in the original checklist but for some reason never made it to print.

I am, unfortunately, the bearer of bad news. You were sold an incomplete set.
89_jones_photo_tucson_toros_update_kile.jpg

I found a copy about two years ago. I was about to post an update on it when I saw your comment. If it wasn't terribly long ago, you should ask for a partial refund. Kile is the rarest card in the set and, as such, the most valuable.

Out of curiosity, the Dan Scatzeder in my set did not have a name on the front of the card. Was this a printing error or is yours also nameless?

Last edited:

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
1998 Donruss Production Line On Base Percentage, Ken Griffey Jr.

There is 382 of them and you would think a few would pop up for sale every so often.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
2003 Fleer Authentix Hometown Heroes Memorabilia #JD Johnny Damon Jsy SP/100

Never seen on in 13 years. Probably wasn't made but I doubt I'll ever be able to confirm it.

Sonic311

Jun 14, 2016
Paramount, CA
1. 1997 Bowman's Best Mirror Image Atomic Refractor Inverted #MI4 K.Brown/I.Rodriguez/E.Marrero/M.Piazza

I have the regular refractor but have never seen the Atomic.

2. 1997 Collector's Choice Crash the Game Instant Win #CG20 Mike Piazza

3. 1998 Donruss Elite Prime Numbers Die Cuts #5C Mike Piazza 6/6

4. 1998 Pinnacle Plus Team Pinnacle Mirror #1 M.Piazza/I.Rodriguez

5. 1998 Topps SportzCubz #1 5 Mike Piazza

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts