Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Call to the Hall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tim carroll

Feb 15, 2009
Next week will mark the 10 year anniversary of making my first piece of art from cut baseball cards, and I am excited to be celebrating it in a pretty cool way. My 1955 Topps Sandy Koufax will be permanently displayed in the National Baseball Hall of Fame. Can't wait to get up to Cooperstown and see it on the wall!

32001472397_e3d99c734b_z.jpg

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Well earned sir!

Folks, if you've never checked out his other works, a definite must for any baseball fan, let alone card fans...

tim carroll

Feb 15, 2009
I appreciate the kind words, everyone! Thank you all for following throughout the years and being a part of my journey....

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I am amazed that the "Dodgers" wording and sandy's facsimile autograph seem to be made up of cut-up black-colored cards (and not just the easy route of scribbling it with a black sharpie because of the thinness of those elements in the art)!

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I’ve seen the majority of your work and am stunned at the growth you’ve experienced.

Your ‘first’ pieces were great. The stuff you’ve done in the past year is remarkable.

tim carroll

Feb 15, 2009
Again, I appreciate you all very much!

Congrats Tim! Let us know when you will be at The Hall for your induction.
Wouldn't it be incredible to have a wing in the Hall for sports artists? Dick Perez, George Sosnak, Leroy Neiman, Graig Kreindler, just to name a few? I'd faint if included in a group like those guys.

I am amazed that the "Dodgers" wording and sandy's facsimile autograph seem to be made up of cut-up black-colored cards (and not just the easy route of scribbling it with a black sharpie because of the thinness of those elements in the art)!
Thank you! The only part of the artwork that is not cut cards is my signature itself in the lower corner. Some don't understand why a full body action shot is so much more expensive that a portrait....but the reality is that the smaller the face, the more time I spend under magnification with an XActo knife. It's pretty difficult to get a decent likeness on smaller players using cut pieces of cardboard.

I’ve seen the majority of your work and am stunned at the growth you’ve experienced.

Your ‘first’ pieces were great. The stuff you’ve done in the past year is remarkable.

This is a compliment I take to heart. I started by simply doing something that I thought would get a chuckle. I didn't put as much effort into the preparation as I did once I started realizing how wide open the door was for my style. After that I just try to learn something from each piece I do. Something that makes each piece more than just a card reproduction from cut cards. That gives me something to be extremely proud of, and it keeps the fire going strong to properly execute as many as I can. Thank you for recognizing the growth I've had in the last decade......and I hope to look back 10 years from now and see a similar trajectory.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Sweet! Congratulations, Tim! I bet you are super pumped.

Members online

Latest posts