Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How many of you would find something like this useful for your collection?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
If you had the ability to create custom lists and search through millions of cards to add to the list.

You could then share that lists with other to show-off a list of what cards you have or what cards you are looking for?

How many times have you typed out the same for sale or trade list on multiple forums?

What if you could do it all on one site and link others to it? Would anyone use this for their collections?

SportsCardsList.com - View bradical's lists

dp33

Jun 2, 2009
So would there be a way to tell who has a 2011 Topps Update Target Red Trout? Or is the list just based on what you personally set up? In other words, would the qty in the 'have' column link to everyone's list who has that card, or are you just looking at user bradical's individual lists? So the idea would be to link this in my sig here as well as other websites, but only have to update it once (at SportsCardsList.com)?

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
So would there be a way to tell who has a 2011 Topps Update Target Red Trout? Or is the list just based on what you personally set up? In other words, would the qty in the 'have' column link to everyone's list who has that card, or are you just looking at user bradical's individual lists?

Exactly. I hoping this site can help connect people who are looking for cards with the people who have them.

So the idea would be to link this in my sig here as well as other websites, but only have to update it once (at SportsCardsList.com)?

Ideally, yes. It's an easy way digitize your collection and share it with other collectors with one simple click, versus sharing multiple excel files or photobucket links. I was hoping that this site could merge all of the tools people were already using.

dp33

Jun 2, 2009
Exactly. I hoping this site can help connect people who are looking for cards with the people who have them.

Ideally, yes. It's an easy way digitize your collection and share it with other collectors with one simple click, versus sharing multiple excel files or photobucket links. I was hoping that this site could merge all of the tools people were already using.

Then it is something that definitely interests me. Although it might depend on how easily I can get my current lists on there. For example, I keep a tradelist in Excel that you can sort/filter by player name, team, set, RC (or (RC)), card type (refractor, gold, etc). That way I can easily get you a list of non-base Cubs or David Wright cards prior to 2011 or whatever you might be looking for. The feasability of converting that list to something useful on SCL would probably be the biggest factor to me.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Isn't that what Beckett's collections does? With a terrible interface?

What really needs to be invented is Google Glass for cards. Just look at your cards, it figures out who it is, what set it's from, what color parallel it might be, etc. Typing, scanning, working through whatever tools to put my thousands of "junk desirable" cards (e.g. 2002 Topps Chrome Black Refractor #/50 Corey Patterson) into some list is just too much work for whatever reward there might be.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
Isn't that what Beckett's collections does? With a terrible interface?

What really needs to be invented is Google Glass for cards. Just look at your cards, it figures out who it is, what set it's from, what color parallel it might be, etc. Typing, scanning, working through whatever tools to put my thousands of "junk desirable" cards (e.g. 2002 Topps Chrome Black Refractor #/50 Corey Patterson) into some list is just too much work for whatever reward there might be.

Yes, however, this is completely free - and hopefully - much easier to use.

cub4life78

Jan 1, 2013
Tx
Unnecessary

So was his totally unnecessary correction. I try and pay a guy a compliment and someone has to come in and toss their $.02 in that did absolutely nothing to add to the topic. So let me rephrase my original comment. Thanks Bradical for creating this, looks promising.

cub4life78

Jan 1, 2013
Tx
Comon man. He wasnt even close to being a dick to you.

You have an anger problem.
If he wasn't being a dick should he at least be called out for adding nothing to the topic at hand? I try and pay a compliment and get XXXX on. And nice ninja edit. I do not have an anger problem.

cub4life78

Jan 1, 2013
Tx
That's what I was getting at. It was just him letting you know that he (Brad) didn't find it, but did in fact create it.

And how was it remotely necessary or relevant? Not terribly interested in arguing with the cool kids tonight.

Latest posts