Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB To get a fully involved trade manager software system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
User would have a place to store relevant information including

Name

Address

Phone Number

paypal account address

The control panel would also have a place to create inventory

The add inventory (wizard) for lack of a better term would allow the user to add inventory

Inventory would have the following attributes

set name

player name

check boxes for (autographs) (rookie card) (game used) (insert)

image upload (required)

The want list section would be a bit less defined

They would be able to list cards in the same manner as the add inventory wizard except that the image would not be required or offered.

both inventory and want lists should be displayable on one page

to initiate a trade a user would browse either a trade page for a specific user (or better a page for the trade manager with the latest inventory adds) they would then select the cards they want to trade for and add them to some sort of shopping cart.

They would then offer items from their inventory or cash via paypal for the said card and the original user who owns the inventory can accept, reject, or counter offer.

This would go back and forth until a deal is made. When a trade is accepted addresses are automatically exchanged. Then the software would create a page viewable to admins and the two users that would display the relevant information about the trade and the addresses of the two users. There would also be a space for the users to enter tracking information for UPS, USPS, Fedex

There would also be a spot on the manager that would prompt the user to leave feedback.
cleardot.gif

The manager will be searchable by set and player

Look for it early this summer.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
New members ship 1st until they reach a certain # of trades/sales?

it will SUGGEST that they do so.

We will put no rule in place that says they have to. It is and will always be the burden of the trader to do their homework before making a transaction. We will do our best to provide information, but the final decision is on you.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
If its a trade, sure they should send first.
But of I want the card for cash, I should pay first. SCF does not have that rule and that is the reason I do not go there. That and the site itself sucks.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
If its a trade, sure they should send first.
But of I want the card for cash, I should pay first. SCF does not have that rule and that is the reason I do not go there. That and the site itself sucks.

it will be a suggestion, and not a rule

It's not my place to require that you keep yourself safe. But then again, I hate seat belt laws for that very reason.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
Can it work for buying and selling or just trading?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
The trade boards will stay the way they are for a short time. If the trade manager is fully embraced then there will be a full transition to it.

Please don't do that. Learn from one of Beckett's mistakes.

I am definitely looking forward to seeing this in action.

Sent from the FCB Droid app, which means I'm probably on the crapper.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Please don't do that. Learn from one of Beckett's mistakes.

I am definitely looking forward to seeing this in action.

Becketts mistake was charging for something that wasnt ready as well as having software that was manditiry to use that didnt function.

I said if its adopted, that means people using it as fully functional software.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Even if it has great success, I think making it the new mandatory would hinder the boards because many people have an off site list or copy/paste their list. They might not want to upload everything. I know that I for one would not. I would put some "hot" items and whatnot, but wouldn't put the time in with lesser items since I already put the work into a site off FCB.

I'm all for it, just not if the regular transaction threads would be phased out.

dp33

Jun 2, 2009
Would the trade manager automatically remove the card(s) from inventory once some action is complete, like an acceptance or confirmation of the trade/sale? Or would the user have to update their inventory accordingly?

Sounds interesting, though it still probably doesn't help the setbuilders as few people will want to scan their base cards and other low $ inserts.

sruchris

Jun 30, 2010
Sounds interesting, though it still probably doesn't help the setbuilders as few people will want to scan their base cards and other low $ inserts.

Agreed. Adding all of my wants and doubles by hand is far too much work. Could you make a text file import feature?

Members online

Latest posts