Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Official 2018 Atlanta Braves Season discussion thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
Looks like Newcomb will not be pitching Saturday (due to recent struggles) and instead, Snitker opted to go with a bullpen day....nothing but the pen.

How many runs will be given up tomorrow? Over/under 10?

Unless our offense really breaks through I'm assuming tomorrow is a lost cause. So we'll need to win today and Sunday to clinch at home against the Phillies.

Folty is going today

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
So who do you think Snitker should use for his postseason rotation & in what order?

I'm still a little undecided on whether I'd have Folty or Gausman start game 1 but either way, they'd be my 1-2 punch followed by Anibal Sanchez. Who starts Game 4 would depend on our status by then (assuming we haven't been eliminated already). If we are on the verge of elimination I'd go with whoever we used to start game 1 (Folty or Gausman) on short rest. On the other hand, if we are up 2-1 in the series I'd use Teheran (our fourth starter) followed by our ace (Gausman or Folty) in Game 5.

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
So who do you think Snitker should use for his postseason rotation & in what order?

I'm still a little undecided on whether I'd have Folty or Gausman start game 1 but either way, they'd be my 1-2 punch followed by Anibal Sanchez. Who starts Game 4 would depend on our status by then (assuming we haven't been eliminated already). If we are on the verge of elimination I'd go with whoever we used to start game 1 (Folty or Gausman) on short rest. On the other hand, if we are up 2-1 in the series I'd use Teheran (our fourth starter) followed by our ace (Gausman or Folty) in Game 5.

Would agree with those three and use the others in long relief if anyone gets into a jam.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
As for our pen, I find myself wondering if we should go with Sobotka as our closer instead of Minter or Viz but the thing is, he's very inexperienced. He's only pitched 12.1 IP in his major league career, all that have come in the last couple months. Still, he's been our hottest hand at the moment with a 0.00 ERA in September.

I'm just not as confident in Minter as I used to be. He's given up 4 earned runs in his last 6 appearances (6 IP).

As for Vizcaino, I'm just not sure if he'll be fully recovered by the time the postseason hits but if he is and he's pitching well then there is no reason not to have him as the closer.

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
As for our pen, I find myself wondering if we should go with Sobotka as our closer instead of Minter or Viz but the thing is, he's very inexperienced. He's only pitched 12.1 IP in his major league career, all that have come in the last couple months. Still, he's been our hottest hand at the moment with a 0.00 ERA in September.

I'm just not as confident in Minter as I used to be. He's given up 4 earned runs in his last 6 appearances (6 IP).

As for Vizcaino, I'm just not sure if he'll be fully recovered by the time the postseason hits but if he is and he's pitching well then there is no reason not to have him as the closer.

I’d go with Vizcaino before Sobotka. Way too inexperienced. He can be a 7th/8th inning guy along with Venters.

Members online

Latest posts