Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2019 MLB: The Happening

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Acuna-Riley-Soroka-Fried

THE NEW YOUTH MOVEMENT IS HERE!!!!

Be afraid opposing teams, be very afraid (for the next 5-10 years)

How can you not have included Albies in that group?

I don't have any Riley, very limited Soroka and lost patience holding Fried through the injuries. This is a fun team to watch, just wish I got to see more of their games.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
How can you not have included Albies in that group?

I don't have any Riley, very limited Soroka and lost patience holding Fried through the injuries. This is a fun team to watch, just wish I got to see more of their games.

Brain damage? Yeah, must be brain damage.

Soroka cards are going through the roof right now...his 2015 BC base auto has exceeded $80 a pop. I have a base, refractor and purple ref auto of his and had wanted to add more a couple weeks ago but they already were on the move in price. Gone are the days when I could get them for $6-$8....sold most of them when base hit the $40 range but made sure to hold onto those 3 previously mentioned autos.

Watching him pitch reminds me so much of Maddux back in the 90's....and as he was my favorite pitcher of all-time (never missed any of his starts during the mid to late 90's) I would not make that comparison unless I was dead serious about it. I'm not saying he's going to achieve the type of success Maddux did...it's just his arsenal, how he attacks the plate, the high baseball IQ, ability to paint corners and the late movement on his stuff that freezes batters. His two-seamer is his bread and butter pitch...so much movement and his changeup is straight like a four-seam fastball so it's very tough to distinguish.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Austin Riley hit his 5th HR in just his 34th major league at-bat to tie the ball game. Combine that with his minor league numbers and he's just hit his 20th home run of the season (178 at-bats combined). That's Barry Bonds on roids type numbers

He'll probably strike out a lot and not take enough walks but the kid has LEGIT major league power!

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Just to compare: Vladimir Guerrero Jr, the talk of the town top prospect said to have cemented himself a spot in the HOF, also has 5 home runs but it took him 83 at-bats to reach that number (more than twice...almost triple...the amount of at-bats as Riley)

lol, I realize it's such a small sample size and Vladimir is a couple years younger but I thought I'd let the homer in me loose!

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Brain damage? Yeah, must be brain damage.

Soroka cards are going through the roof right now...his 2015 BC base auto has exceeded $80 a pop. I have a base, refractor and purple ref auto of his and had wanted to add more a couple weeks ago but they already were on the move in price. Gone are the days when I could get them for $6-$8....sold most of them when base hit the $40 range but made sure to hold onto those 3 previously mentioned autos.

Watching him pitch reminds me so much of Maddux back in the 90's....and as he was my favorite pitcher of all-time (never missed any of his starts during the mid to late 90's) I would not make that comparison unless I was dead serious about it. I'm not saying he's going to achieve the type of success Maddux did...it's just his arsenal, how he attacks the plate, the high baseball IQ, ability to paint corners and the late movement on his stuff that freezes batters. His two-seamer is his bread and butter pitch...so much movement and his changeup is straight like a four-seam fastball so it's very tough to distinguish.

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/landing.php?player=647336

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016

Right on the money. His two-seamer (or sinker, whichever you prefer to call it) is by far his best pitch IMO. Very late sinking action that generates weak ground ball contact if contact is made at all. I hear a lot about how his changeup is his best pitch and while I agree it's very deceiving, I just love that two-seam...so much natural sink.

My only concern is that his lower arm slot may end up tipping batters to what he's going to throw. That and his shoulder...

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
So...... how about them Twinkies?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app[/QUOTE)

Amazing! In 1st place by 10 games in May, have 300 runs already while quite a few teams don't have 200 runs. Lot of credit has to go to Rocco. Hope they keep it up!

I think they did a great job with finding some buy low talent in Schoop and Cron. Can't help but to look at Polanco's breakout season either. I think a lot of credit also has to go to Wes Johnson, the new pitching coach. I know a lot of fans were scratching their heads when they hired Johnson, due to him just being a college pitching coach. It seems to be working out well for Martin Perez and Jake Odorizzi. Eddie Rosario is having another decent start to the season, but he's been somewhat streaky so far. As a big Twins fan, I could go on and on with this post, but I don't want to bore anybody

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
I think they did a great job with finding some buy low talent in Schoop and Cron. Can't help but to look at Polanco's breakout season either. I think a lot of credit also has to go to Wes Johnson, the new pitching coach. I know a lot of fans were scratching their heads when they hired Johnson, due to him just being a college pitching coach. It seems to be working out well for Martin Perez and Jake Odorizzi. Eddie Rosario is having another decent start to the season, but he's been somewhat streaky so far. As a big Twins fan, I could go on and on with this post, but I don't want to bore anybody

Eddie Rosario has been absolutely killing it in my fantasy league. Based on the points system in my league he's been the 3rd best outfielder in all of baseball...higher ranking than Trout & Betts! He was a great find for me a couple years back & I'd say he's had more than just a decent start to the season but I agree with you there on "streaky". I remember last year (and/or the year before that) there was a point where he was looking like a potential MVP but then he'd go on these prolonged slumps that really hurt his overall season numbers...which were still good in general, just not excellent or MVP worthy. At some point in the season I remember him having an OBP up in the .350 range and they were crediting his breakthrough season on that but then they began to trend towards his career numbers. That may be his biggest flaw in regards to his offensive game....doesn't take enough walks.

I'm glad that Odorizzi is finally having a good season but it annoys me that he had to wait to do it until I dropped him from my team (Honestly, I held onto him for longer than I should have...or so I thought). I had Nelson Cruz and CJ Cron before they became Twins so now all of a sudden I've pretty much got the Twins middle of the order on my fantasy team which I find kinda funny so now I'm following their box scores every night. My brother lives in Minnesota and whenever I go down there I get to go watch them. When I was down there last June I got to see Rosario hit 3 home runs! That was funny too cuz I was telling my brother and his wife to keep an eye on Rosario (they don't know a whole lot about current players)....well, they remember his name now after that game!

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Eddie Rosario has been absolutely killing it in my fantasy league. Based on the points system in my league he's been the 3rd best outfielder in all of baseball...higher ranking than Trout & Betts! He was a great find for me a couple years back & I'd say he's had more than just a decent start to the season but I agree with you there on "streaky". I remember last year (and/or the year before that) there was a point where he was looking like a potential MVP but then he'd go on these prolonged slumps that really hurt his overall season numbers...which were still good in general, just not excellent or MVP worthy. At some point in the season I remember him having an OBP up in the .350 range and they were crediting his breakthrough season on that but then they began to trend towards his career numbers. That may be his biggest flaw in regards to his offensive game....doesn't take enough walks.

I'm glad that Odorizzi is finally having a good season but it annoys me that he had to wait to do it until I dropped him from my team (Honestly, I held onto him for longer than I should have...or so I thought). I had Nelson Cruz and CJ Cron before they became Twins so now all of a sudden I've pretty much got the Twins middle of the order on my fantasy team which I find kinda funny so now I'm following their box scores every night. My brother lives in Minnesota and whenever I go down there I get to go watch them. When I was down there last June I got to see Rosario hit 3 home runs! That was funny too cuz I was telling my brother and his wife to keep an eye on Rosario (they don't know a whole lot about current players)....well, they remember his name now after that game!

The team certainly has been fun to watch this year. I'm bummed I won't make it to many games this year (10 hour drive one way to Target Field, have a soon to be 5 month old at home, and summers are my busy season at work- ag industry). I did make it to two games in April against the Orioles and got to see 5 home runs each game. I don't care who it's against, its always fun to see that many home runs. Another name to mention is Mitch Garver. Before his injury, he was absolutely crushing the ball. Glad to see he is beginning his rehab assignment this week. I would really like to see Berrios find some consistency on the mound. He's been doing well up until the last 2 starts or so, but even then you could tell he never quite had his normal stuff.

Max Kepler is another one who seems to be taking a step forward so far this year. Slash line of .281/.351/.546 and his 12 HRs is just shy of his career high of 20 that he hit last year. Still fairly young at 26 and under team control for another 5 years

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The team certainly has been fun to watch this year. I'm bummed I won't make it to many games this year (10 hour drive one way to Target Field, have a soon to be 5 month old at home, and summers are my busy season at work- ag industry). I did make it to two games in April against the Orioles and got to see 5 home runs each game. I don't care who it's against, its always fun to see that many home runs. Another name to mention is Mitch Garver. Before his injury, he was absolutely crushing the ball. Glad to see he is beginning his rehab assignment this week. I would really like to see Berrios find some consistency on the mound. He's been doing well up until the last 2 starts or so, but even then you could tell he never quite had his normal stuff.

Max Kepler is another one who seems to be taking a step forward so far this year. Slash line of .281/.351/.546 and his 12 HRs is just shy of his career high of 20 that he hit last year. Still fairly young at 26 and under team control for another 5 years

The kid from Germany, I remember him. Followed him a bit his rookie year (2016 I think?) & I remember him being pretty hot out of the gate and then he cooled down significantly. I wasn't even aware of his breakout season but yeah, if he can keep up those numbers he could be an All-Star by the break.

Jose Berrios is having another good start to the season too. Command was always my biggest worry with him (as a prospect/rookie) but considering he has the best BB/9 rate in the AL I don't think it's been an issue for him.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Speaking of Kepler, he just won Player of the Week honors (along with Arenado for the NL)

I saw the Arenado pick for player of the week a mile away but truthfully I didn't even realize that Kepler had the week that he did. I'm embarrassed to admit I haven't been paying much attention to the Twins, which has long been my favorite team in the AL Central.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts