Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Getting So Tired of these kinds eBay Buyers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
I know I don't HAVE to sell on eBay, but since the show situations around the ATL are so poor, this is the only avenue. Anyways, sold this card the other day http://www.ebay.com/itm/121336979011?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649. Buyer messages me before hand and asks condition of the card. I told him I don't grade cards but it's in AT LEAST near mint condition (used to list that in the description but too many buyers think NEAR MINT is BGS 9.5), so now I just say to look at scan for better details. Card had no visible flaws etc, and of course this AM the guy has opened a case stating does not match the description. Claims it has a huge surface scratch right down the middle.

Getting so tired of this. There is nothing I can do, since PAYPAL will always side with the buyer even though this is completely BS! So once again, I'll refund this losers money and block him.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
I know I don't HAVE to sell on eBay, but since the show situations around the ATL are so poor, this is the only avenue. Anyways, sold this card the other day http://www.ebay.com/itm/121336979011?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649. Buyer messages me before hand and asks condition of the card. I told him I don't grade cards but it's in AT LEAST near mint condition (used to list that in the description but too many buyers think NEAR MINT is BGS 9.5), so now I just say to look at scan for better details. Card had no visible flaws etc, and of course this AM the guy has opened a case stating does not match the description. Claims it has a huge surface scratch right down the middle.

Getting so tired of this. There is nothing I can do, since PAYPAL will always side with the buyer even though this is completely BS! So once again, I'll refund this losers money and block him.

Wait wait wait, you're going to get the card back before you refund him.....right?

You do realize that eBay can't force you to eat the $45 without you getting your card back right?

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
Wait wait wait, you're going to get the card back before you refund him.....right?

You do realize that eBay can't force you to eat the $45 without you getting your card back right?

Nope he's definitely sending it back 1st. Going to make sure I get the SAME card back I sent him. A few months ago I sold someone an unnumbered refractor auto, and guy claims it was OC, scratched etc. He mailed back a different card than I sent. Fought Paypal and lost, even when I compared the scans of what was sold and what i got.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Nope he's definitely sending it back 1st. Going to make sure I get the SAME card back I sent him. A few months ago I sold someone an unnumbered refractor auto, and guy claims it was OC, scratched etc. He mailed back a different card than I sent. Fought Paypal and lost, even when I compared the scans of what was sold and what i got.

Its just one of the dangers of the job. I have sold tons of cases of Bowman Chrome autos and NEVER had this happen once though. Must just be bad luck. I just always put that the card is in NRMT or better condition. When people complain I ask them if they can verify the card is worse than NRMT condition. I usually don't hear back from them after that.

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
Its just one of the dangers of the job. I have sold tons of cases of Bowman Chrome autos and NEVER had this happen once though. Must just be bad luck. I just always put that the card is in NRMT or better condition. When people complain I ask them if they can verify the card is worse than NRMT condition. I usually don't hear back from them after that.

I used to say "AT LEAST NEAR MINT", and even said that in the message back to him. I just think buyers are getting pickier and pickier, and if they can't turn raw into 9.5 it's easy to file a claim and get their $$ back.

RedSoxSoul

Dec 20, 2012
Sharon, MA
I've luckily never had a problem with this, but I always make sure to NOT state anything about the condition of the card. When a buyer asks I say I'm not a grader but look at the scans. Never heard back from anyone. But since I've read a few horror stories in here at least I'm prepared. The only time I feel safe to discuss condition is in the very very few transactions I've done in here because it's at least a little more personal.

WaxPax

If you selling long enough you're likely to run into these guys, as I'm sure most of us have.

My disclaimer is basically states I offer high quality scans for the buyer to judge condition for themselves.

For the "how does it grade" guy, my canned response is "if you are looking for a BGS 9.5 I recommend you buy one already graded to avoid disappointment".

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
I don't mention anything about condition in my listings but when asked in ebay message I send this to give base expectation:

I am not a card grader and since your questions are geared towards an evaluation of the card perhaps towards grading I cannot give you a definitive answer. The card looks good to me but I am only willing to state that the card is at a minimum in what is called Mint/Near Mint condition per BGS:

Near Mint/Mint 8

Centering: 60/40 both ways or better on front. 80/20 or better on back. Corners: Sharp to the naked eye, but slight imperfections allowed under close examination. Edges: Relatively smooth borders. Specks of chipping visible to the naked eye are allowed. Surface: A few minor print spots. Very minor color or focus imperfections. Solid gloss with very minor scratches detectable only upon close inspection. Or a subtle metallic print line.

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
[MENTION=3852]digicat[/MENTION] - i believe that is on the toploader, but I'll double check again. I looked it card over pretty good last nite and didn't see anything major.
[MENTION=1897]jcmint[/MENTION] - maybe, but I know he's been added to my blocked list.

The Collector

Feb 11, 2014
California

add the 20% restocking fee to all your auctions, screw buyers like that

Members online

Latest posts