Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is this any of you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Wow, pretty awesome. I'll have to read up on this product and points thing they said.

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
Wow, pretty awesome. I'll have to read up on this product and points thing they said.

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Same here! Dude won a Babe Ruth bat and he kept his cool! Had that been me, well lets just say I would have expressed my excitement a bit more

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
Last edited:

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
These videos, regardless of content, just show how some people can never get comfortable in front of a camera.

mjbuchanan80

May 16, 2011
Kansas City
These videos, regardless of content, just show how some people can never get comfortable in front of a camera.

I was about to mention the same thing when I posted it. Then I realized I probably wouldn't have faired any better. Granted, I don't look like The Fonz and Willow had a love child, but camera's make me nervous too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Did he do something to your family?

If left alone with my boys, the recipient of the bat probably might.

I've been through this before with you, Tim. I don't like Olds, I don't like what he's done to the hobby, and I don't like the fact that he is actually in a position to change things but continues to make things worse. He's the anti-cardcop.

Last edited:

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
To critique Olds (or his predecessor Kevin Haake) for the job they are doing as figurehead of Beckett Baseball would be like critiquing the performance of a canoe in a tsunami. No matter the skill set or quality...you're probably going to drown. Seriously, Haake was hired on to lead Beckett Beckett (the key publication) under two years out of college and while I'm not sure of Olds' pedigree, I don't imagine it to be much more than that. It's like yelling at a teller at a bank...it's a facade with little pull.

Once eBay took a firm grip of this hobby and PSA and SGC started printing money by grading, Beckett had to shift. They went from an industry leader to an industry provider with a more established history. Beckett as a publication, website, or anything else other than grading is nothing more than a cement block with deflating water wings.

The fact is, BGS props up the entire entity and helps perpetuate the historical truth that Beckett is relevant in the hobby. It's not...but by still dumping money into the sheep squirt that is the ragazine and mouse on a wheel website it continues to help sell grading. The cash cow.

-

And for Christ's sake Jeff...can you not bag on the way Olds looks? You're too old for that. He's basically your doppelganger, but there's probably too much truth in introspection.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
And BOOM goes the dynamite!

Eh, I've got him blocked because the majority of his posts on this forum are attacks on other users, myself included. Rather than sinking to his level, I just hit the ignore button a few months ago and it's worked well. It's funny though that he apparently continues to talk to me despite me ignoring him.

As for Olds; the man is a public figure and in my opinion, a cancerous tumor on the ass that is this hobby, putting out a bird-cage liner fluff piece rather than tackling the seedier side of the hobby that is causing it to continuously shrink. Today, I just discovered (someone pointed out to me) an interesting eBay scam raising the price of a particular red refractor so that it can be sold again by the "buyer" at the previously scammed price.

But that kind of thing, along with redemption issues and the interesting litigation between all of the different companies is ignored. The prices in the 'guide' are ridiculous and lead people to believe their collection is worth literally dozens times more than it actually is. Upon learning the truth, people leave the hobby. Beckett -- and Olds as the face and pen of Beckett -- is bad for this hobby, is bad for this message board, and is bad, period.

Last edited:

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
And the comedy quotient just sky-rocketed.

I'm typically not a fan of partial quotes, but this response was what I needed this AM.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
F(*K Chris Olds. He blocked me on twitter because I called him CHUMLEE.

I should have called him Mangino!!

mangino.jpg

Members online

Latest posts