Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Post a Pic of Something Unique in Your Collection (But NO 1/1 Cards)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
This was generously sent to me by George Calfas, he pack pulled it from a pack at Wal Mart.

null-7.jpg

DAVEPETERS239

Banned
May 8, 2013
This is kinda neat I think.

It is a cut autograph of Ray Dandridge but the cut is actually of his wife Henrietta Dandridge.

error1.jpg

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I worked for the Altoona Curve for a year, back in 2003. Somehow, an entire uniform made its way into my trunk.

Now, whenever I go to Piratesfest every year, I have Curve alum who made it to the Pirates sign the jersey and inscribe the years they played for the Curve:
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1373508683.332260.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1373508719.463577.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1373508761.677050.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1373508796.796817.jpg

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I believe the artist that did those paintings is Craig Pursley. He also did the cards in the 90 bowman set that were inserted in packs and I recall that Topps gave away the original paintings as well. He did illustrations for the Orange County Register. I remember doing him a favor and getting Griffey Jr. to sign a painting for him at a show. He gave me a color key of one of his super bowl paintings with Elway as a thank you that is really cool. I would scan it but it is in a storage unit I have. I should have it framed.

You are correct in Craig Pursley. It's odd, since his sig doesn't appear on either piece of original artwork, but does appear on the 8x10 giveaway version of each:
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1373509202.866860.jpgImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1373509272.765250.jpgImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1373509314.798717.jpg

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Probably not a true one-of-a-kind, but there can't be too many like these out in the wild.

spectacularprize.jpg

I'm not getting too comfortable with it, though.....someone could very well take it home before the end of the season in my bingo contest.

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
Program from an ALS fishing tournament that Hrbek is part of each year. I have two years of these as I have fished in this tournament. If you didn't know Kent's dad died of AlS and has been a big advocate for ALS research and care of.

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1373514881.887072.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1373514920.056797.jpg

I also have a Hrbek menu from Target Feild.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1373514844.854288.jpg
    ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1373514844.854288.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 87

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
There were several things I wanted to post, but I decided I would just go with this one.

My dad gave this to me. He is also a Reds fan and his all-time favorite is Johnny Bench. For his birthday in 1967, his dad took him to a Reds game at Crosley Field. They were playing the Giants and my dad was hoping to get Mays, Marichal, and McCovey. However, my grandfather told him to go up to the young Reds player and get his autograph. He had been in the majors for around a week.

muskiesfan-albums-pc-picture19185-lg-bench-scorecard-4.jpg
muskiesfan-albums-pc-picture19186-lg-bench-scorecard-5.jpg

A 1967 scorecard signed by a very young Johnny Bench. Turned out to be my father's favorite player and a pretty good catcher too. One day I may get it authenticated and framed.

I forgot to add. I think it's unique because of the scorecard and I'm not too sure how many 1967 Johnny Bench autographs there are. I have no doubt that there are some, but it is a very different autograph than what we are used to seeing. The family story/connection strengthens the uniqueness to me.

Last edited:

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
There were several things I wanted to post, but I decided I would just go with this one.

My dad gave this to me. He is also a Reds fan and his all-time favorite is Johnny Bench. For his birthday in 1967, his dad took him to a Reds game at Crosley Field. They were playing the Giants and my dad was hoping to get Mays, Marichal, and McCovey. However, my grandfather told him to go up to the young Reds player and get his autograph. He had been in the majors for around a week.

muskiesfan-albums-pc-picture19185-lg-bench-scorecard-4.jpg
muskiesfan-albums-pc-picture19186-lg-bench-scorecard-5.jpg

A 1967 scorecard signed by a very young Johnny Bench. Turned out to be my father's favorite player and a pretty good catcher too. One day I may get it authenticated and framed.

I forgot to add. I think it's unique because of the scorecard and I'm not too sure how many 1967 Johnny Bench autographs there are. I have no doubt that there are some, but it is a very different autograph than what we are used to seeing. The family story/connection strengthens the uniqueness to me.

Awesome piece! Bench had a fantastic signature then and now.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
This Carew book was signed by him at a signing years and years ago. Special crossover item for me: a Carew item and an autographed book.

From my Fregosi collections, here are a couple rarish items.

First, this is a postcard he sent from Spring Training, way back in 1962 from Palm Springs (where Angels used to have their Spring Training)
Front

Back

Also have this neat promotional radio poster with Jim right in the middle. Weird size, so tough to find a poster frame for it:

And for my Jack London collection, there are a ton of unique items, but here is an especially cool one. It is a personal check written and signed by Jack:

Members online

Latest posts