Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mhcook

Feb 22, 2011
[MENTION=1983]onionring9[/MENTION] have you updated your 2014 and newer autos somewhere. I just saw your 2014 Tek 1/1 and my mind is blown, so I would love to see the others you are hiding.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
[MENTION=1983]onionring9[/MENTION] have you updated your 2014 and newer autos somewhere. I just saw your 2014 Tek 1/1 and my mind is blown, so I would love to see the others you are hiding.

I still have a lot to go through but didn't go too crazy on 2014. I told myself I was stopping at 2013 but did dabble a bit with 2014. I think the most recent card I have is one of the /2 2017 tek blue jumbos.

mhcook

Feb 22, 2011
I still have a lot to go through but didn't go too crazy on 2014. I told myself I was stopping at 2013 but did dabble a bit with 2014. I think the most recent card I have is one of the /2 2017 tek blue jumbos.
After seeing the Tek autos, I need to see what other autos you have hidden. Probably some that I didn't even know existed.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Finally remembered to update the 4x Chongs on thepclist. The way I figure out which is a real chong vs one of the reprint/counterfeit is looking at the third stripe on his right sleeve. I check how the right side of the M of Modesto lines up with the third stripe (legit ones you see more of the stripe and it's shifted more to the right. I didn't know this but it looks like 250 of each the 1st print (error) and 2nd print (1st correct) were produced.

Real (3rd print, 2nd correct) vs Reprint
f-28125.jpg
f-945.jpg

1st print (error) vs 2nd print (1st correct)
f-947.jpg
f-15975.jpg

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Got some questions about the chong, hope the picture clears it up a bit. Visually I see the difference in two ways:

1) if you have an imaginary line extending the M, the sign is where the right side of the M would intersect with the third stripe (red line). If it clips the edge or is just outside the edge then it is a reprint. If it will intersect comfortably it is one of the original ones.

2) the amount of jersey you can see on the real one circled in blue

For myself, I can see it best by looking at the M to stripe displacement (1)

chong.jpg

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Gah, didn't have my list updated and thought I added a rare promo in the '89 panini. Turns out I already had it... Anyone else ever do this?

jam022316

Jul 31, 2018
Hey all! I’m back. I think my old is was jam92102. It’s been about 2 years out of the hobby Andy I’m back in. Starting slow with McGwire base in A’s uniform. Trying to get more focused this time around! Anyways just drooling all over this thread again! Hope to see some pickups soon.

delsant2

May 29, 2010
Welcome back Jam, nice to see you again. Although I have been mostly absent from the boards as of late, I do have a massive collection of McGwire duplicates I would be glad to trade and/or sell. It would be my pleasure to help out if possible! Ask Jerry, I think I provided him with over 800 new cards for his collection!!

Anyway, do feel free to reach out to me. I will check my PM's more frequently to make sure I don't miss your message. Good luck and again, welcome back!

Cheers,

Mark

jam022316

Jul 31, 2018
Welcome back Jam, nice to see you again. Although I have been mostly absent from the boards as of late, I do have a massive collection of McGwire duplicates I would be glad to trade and/or sell. It would be my pleasure to help out if possible! Ask Jerry, I think I provided him with over 800 new cards for his collection!!

Anyway, do feel free to reach out to me. I will check my PM's more frequently to make sure I don't miss your message. Good luck and again, welcome back!

Cheers,

Mark

PM Sent

Members online

Latest posts