Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1989 Topps Superstar Watches - Any Info?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Anybody have a checklist for 1989 Topps Superstar Watches made by Nelsonic? Or have one in their collection? These were MLB-licensed plastic watches with a miniature 1989 Topps baseball card that hinged open to a digital watch. Swear I saw a Mark Grace many, many years ago, and haven't seen one since. Would like to confirm its existence. There are a couple on eBay. The players I can find are:

confirmed sightings:

Jose Canseco
Doc Gooden
Mark McGwire
Roger Clemens
Kirby Puckett
Don Mattingly
Orel Hershiser

edit to add:
Ozzie Smith (per [MENTION=1885]Mozzie22[/MENTION])

s-l1200.jpg

Apparently, each player can be found in blue, black and white wristbands. Found a listing for a lot of 44 Orel Hershisers :eek: with multiples of all 3 colors, and have seen different color McGwires too.

s-l1200.jpg

Last edited:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
First time hearing about these for me so I'm no help. But I really like these kind of threads about old oddball stuff, thanks for starting it!

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Those are awesome. I thought I knew almost everything about '80s baseball oddball cards and collectibles, but I didn't know those existed. I want a Mattingly one.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Holy crap that's cool. I'm a big Swatch fan from way back and would definitely wear these.

Oh man, there's a Hulk Hogan one! Where's that 15% coupon when I need it?
hulkwatch.jpg

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
The lot of Hershisers was tempting until I saw the shipping on top, plus I don't need more than one of each color and have too much crap extra as it is. I wouldn't mind one or a series of colors, but singles were priced higher than I'd consider paying, especially for the players offered (none interest me). I guess from a perspective of what I like and would collect, a Greg Maddux would be my #1 choice for a type item, since there was no 89 T Garvey card. I usually prefer a Dodger for a type item, but they really didn't have anyone on the team that I am crazy about when it comes to collectibles.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts