Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

delsant2

May 29, 2010
Howdy all,

I have a few boxes I have accumulated while opening packs of cards throughout. One of the boxes is from 2002 SP Authentic, which features McGwire on the box as well as the packs themselves. Sadly, nothing special came out of the packs, just a bunch of complete sets. So, with that said, I have a ton of opened packs and a few open boxes featuring Mac on them. I don't want to just throw them away. If anyone wants a box, or some packs, please let me know. I don't want to make money here, just want to pretty much give them away. If you would donate a dollar for stamps and envelopes for the packs and...$5-$10 maybe?...for a box to ship them, that would be excellent!

Let me know!

Cheers,

Mark

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Very cool. I just bought a couple boxes of those myself. Think my best card was an Adam Dunn auto haha

delsant2

May 29, 2010
Very cool. I just bought a couple boxes of those myself. Think my best card was an Adam Dunn auto haha

I don't mean to brag or anything.....but I have you topped! All 5 boxes, one auto - Doug Mientkiewicz. Regular issue, not gold. I win this round, hahahahaha!

jam022316

Jul 31, 2018
Howdy all,

I have a few boxes I have accumulated while opening packs of cards throughout. One of the boxes is from 2002 SP Authentic, which features McGwire on the box as well as the packs themselves. Sadly, nothing special came out of the packs, just a bunch of complete sets. So, with that said, I have a ton of opened packs and a few open boxes featuring Mac on them. I don't want to just throw them away. If anyone wants a box, or some packs, please let me know. I don't want to make money here, just want to pretty much give them away. If you would donate a dollar for stamps and envelopes for the packs and...$5-$10 maybe?...for a box to ship them, that would be excellent!

Let me know!

Cheers,

Mark

Were you chasing the McGwire? Were those redemptions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

delsant2

May 29, 2010
Were you chasing the McGwire? Were those redemptions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I was chasing a McGwire. Thought it would be REALLY cool to pull one, even if it was one I had. I do not believe they were exchange cards (with the exception of the UD Spokemen cards). Didn't pull one either way :(

delsant2

May 29, 2010
FYI folks,

There is a BIG TIME Mac card out there for auction at the moment. A 1997 Topps Gallery Peter Max Serigraph....an actual legit numbered to /40 version. Judging by the hand written signature and, most importantly, the handwriting of the serial numbering, it seems to be a legitimate copy. These are STUPID rare. There are examples of authentic Peter Max signed versions of the base insert, which still sell for over $100 a piece. This one should attract some serious buyers, I would imagine. Thought I'd give a heads up to whoever is after this rare A's years card!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-Topps...ETER-MAX-signature-BGS-8-5-39-40/232903375543

Cheers,

Mark

mhcook

Feb 22, 2011
FYI folks,

There is a BIG TIME Mac card out there for auction at the moment. A 1997 Topps Gallery Peter Max Serigraph....an actual legit numbered to /40 version. Judging by the hand written signature and, most importantly, the handwriting of the serial numbering, it seems to be a legitimate copy. These are STUPID rare. There are examples of authentic Peter Max signed versions of the base insert, which still sell for over $100 a piece. This one should attract some serious buyers, I would imagine. Thought I'd give a heads up to whoever is after this rare A's years card!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-Topps...ETER-MAX-signature-BGS-8-5-39-40/232903375543

Cheers,

Mark
Thanks for the heads up. I definitely need this.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mhcook

Feb 22, 2011
No problem dude, best of luck! Although basic, in that it doesn't have any foil, refraction, or other bells and whistles, it is actually really nice looking in person!

Cheers,

Mark
I've actually been working on this set for a few years and somehow I'm still missing McGwire. There is something about this set that I love.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

delsant2

May 29, 2010
I have a question for you all. I am not SUPER familiar with those instant win cards. I do know they are crazy hard to come by, and can go for big prices if someone needs it. Does anyone know, generally speaking, if the 1997 Instant Win is any more/less "rare" or "hard to find" than the 1998? I happen to have the 1997 McGwire. Always wondered if it was easier to come by by comparison to the 1998.

Cheers,

Mark

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I have a question for you all. I am not SUPER familiar with those instant win cards. I do know they are crazy hard to come by, and can go for big prices if someone needs it. Does anyone know, generally speaking, if the 1997 Instant Win is any more/less "rare" or "hard to find" than the 1998? I happen to have the 1997 McGwire. Always wondered if it was easier to come by by comparison to the 1998.

Cheers,

Mark

Both had the same odds and number of printable players within the odds so unless they printed less product in '98 vs '97 they should be equal.

Love these finds but they also drive me nuts. One day you'll spend $100-$200 on it, next there will be 20 of them on the market like the marbles or the pinnacle playing cards.

delsant2

May 29, 2010
Both had the same odds and number of printable players within the odds so unless they printed less product in '98 vs '97 they should be equal.

Love these finds but they also drive me nuts. One day you'll spend $100-$200 on it, next there will be 20 of them on the market like the marbles or the pinnacle playing cards.

Thanks for the info Joe! Much appreciated!

And I hear ya, sometimes that happens, and it is quite a bummer. Never did get the marble, but I recall when recently a lot of playing cards came up...only months after I acquired mine for some decent money. I remember they were being sold at $10 each. Could have bought them all for less than I paid for my one playing card. I missed out on the marbles I guess. Also, missed it when all of those 92 Collas autos were being offered.

Members online

Latest posts