Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Studio Portraits cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rickeyfan20

Jun 21, 2011
Illinois
Originally Posted by bojacksoncollector

Wow. It's been a long while since I posted here, but I still have hundreds of cards for this set. Any interest still out there, or any Bo cards?

I'd be interested in any Rickeys you have that I'm missing.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I'm still piecing together the Bagwells. I have about 37 or 38 of them so far. I'll also buy other players if I find them in the cheap boxes at shows.

parsetdx

Apr 15, 2009
Philly
Still have the list a few posts up available if anybody needs them for sets. No Bagwell or Henderson though. Looking for Jim Thome, Steve Carlton, Mike Schmidt.

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
I'm still sorting through a huge Mariano Rivera collection that I purchased last month. (The only other Mariano "super" collection that I know of). And I just combined his collection of 2005 Studio Portraits with mine and I'm down to only 3 cards. I had 44 different and he added 9 more including the /5 and three /10. If anyone has any of these I'd be very interested:

Blue Black & White Certified Materials /25
Blue Black & White Studio /40
White Black & White Throwback Threads /15

Scott F

I just picked up the last "rare" Mariano Rivera I need, the Throwback Threads /15. I'm down to these two:

Any help would be greatly appreciated (and rewarded).

Scott F

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I guess the next time I go through my stuff, I will pull these all out when I see them..

Last weekend I had my kitchen table covered going through about 40 800 count boxes..

:)

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
First pickup in a long time. Completed all the Blue Frame/Color Photo set with the Estrellas card. Have 50 of the 56 variations in total now. Wonder if I'll ever finish these?

05STUDIOBLUECOLORZENITH55.jpg
05SPBLUEZENITHC.jpg
05SPBLUEDKC.jpg
05SPBLUESTUDIOC.jpg

05SPBLUELLC.jpg
05SPBLUETTC.jpg
05SPBLUELCMC.jpg
05SPBLUEESTRELLASC.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
It's hard to believe it has almost been 6 years since I finished the Garvey run. That is almost as long as it took to find all 56 versions!

Originally posted 3/17/11:
Hey guys. Thought I would pop back in because you guys really enjoy these Portrait cards.

I was finally able to locate and obtain the final pair of cards for Steve Garvey. I now have the entire 56 card Steve Garvey run! It only took 6 years!!

I wish you luck. For such a "meh" set, it sure felt good to finish it.

First pickup in a long time. Completed all the Blue Frame/Color Photo set with the Estrellas card. Have 50 of the 56 variations in total now. Wonder if I'll ever finish these?

05STUDIOBLUECOLORZENITH55.jpg
05SPBLUEZENITHC.jpg
05SPBLUEDKC.jpg
05SPBLUESTUDIOC.jpg

05SPBLUELLC.jpg
05SPBLUETTC.jpg
05SPBLUELCMC.jpg
05SPBLUEESTRELLASC.jpg

Last edited:

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
I'm still sorting through a huge Mariano Rivera collection that I purchased last month. (The only other Mariano "super" collection that I know of). And I just combined his collection of 2005 Studio Portraits with mine and I'm down to only 3 cards. I had 44 different and he added 9 more including the /5 and three /10. If anyone has any of these I'd be very interested:

White Black & White Throwback Threads /15

Scott F

I just picked up the last "rare" Mariano Rivera I need, the Throwback Threads /15. I'm down to these two:

[FONT=&]Blue Black & White Certified Materials /25[/FONT]
[FONT=&]Blue Black & White Studio /40

[/FONT]
[FONT=&]Any help would be greatly appreciated (and rewarded).

Scott F
[/FONT]

I just picked up the Blue Black & White Certified Materials /25, so I am now down to needing 1 card for the master set of these. What's so frustrating is that the last card I need is /40. Not "rare" at all.

If anyone might have the Mariano Rivera Blue Black & White Studio /40 from this set, please let me know.

Scott F

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
I'm nothing if not patient. 2 pickups this week, putting me at 52/56 of the master set. First pickups in 2 1/2 years. There's hope of finishing!

s-l400.jpg
s-l400.jpg

Nice! I gave up on Murray. I was a few short. Dont have the finances to super collect 4 guys anymore LOL

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Nice, did you just finish it recently or has it been done a while and you just wanted to share it here?

abide

Apr 29, 2021
I love this thread. Just joined FCB, and I picked up some of these cards way back and have them for trade and also

04 Leaf Exhibits / 05 ESPN Sportscasters / 05 Studio Portraits ..... all FT to get ....... 05 Donruss Threads Polo Grounds

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I love this thread. Just joined FCB, and I picked up some of these cards way back and have them for trade and also

04 Leaf Exhibits / 05 ESPN Sportscasters / 05 Studio Portraits ..... all FT to get ....... 05 Donruss Threads Polo Grounds
What do have for exhibits?

abide

Apr 29, 2021
just traded Rickey Henderson to Leffers yesterday
Piazza 1962-63SRNL [22/63]
Prior 1947-66PSIG [22/66]

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I still see a stray Garvey on ebay up for sale. I will usually give it a go, although I should just leave them alone.

Latest posts