Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone break with PakerBob? Might wanna rethink that....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Den1013, Chad, BBXpress (Josh), Ryan (RBICru7) are the guys I'd go with. There's a couple more as well, but it's very limited.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Cards should never leave sight. Im guessing he pulls one card in a break then picks that as his team in the next break. then he switches to the last breaks card when he stands up.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
All In Cards is my breaker. But still, I recognize that there are other trustworthy guys out there like [MENTION=1961]ballerskrip[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2558]boomo[/MENTION]

I'm bumping this thread because it's important.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
All In Cards is my breaker. But still, I recognize that there are other trustworthy guys out there like @ballerskrip and @boomo

I'm bumping this thread because it's important.
I don't know if this is completely unnecessary but we could start a thread and sticky it that lists trustworthy guys just so everyone knows and it would always be at the top of the page. Just a suggestion man!

Last edited:

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
I hardly think this is a witchhunt. Its fairly obvious what he is doing and he blocks everyone who says anything in his room.

I just like looking out for the community and having a sticky with the good breakers IMO would be a good idea.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I'd think he's shady just for calling it a "boom alert" when he finds a good card. Selling it with "Wow. Wow wow wow" also sets me on edge.

Also, filming the screen in portrait mode is annoying.

So fails all around.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
what happens when a breaker on the good list goes bad?
Then you take them off the list.

Hey, its not up to me. I just thought it was a good way to look out for the community and would be a nice sticky to have at the top of the page. I didn't think you would be so opposed to letting the community know the good and bad breakers out there.

A_Pharis

Then you take them off the list.

Hey, its not up to me. I just thought it was a good way to look out for the community and would be a nice sticky to have at the top of the page. I didn't think you would be so opposed to letting the community know the good and bad breakers out there.

There's nothing wrong with letting people know about bad dealings...

HOWEVER - it's not a smart stance for board staff to take to make a standing list of accusations without having substantial evidence.
We can have threads that speculate all you want as long as you understand there's no 100% proof here. That's the real issue with it.

I stand behind Chris in not making a sticky thread, simply because there's more to it than calling someone out.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
There's nothing wrong with letting people know about bad dealings...

HOWEVER - it's not a smart stance for board staff to take to make a standing list of accusations without having substantial evidence.
We can have threads that speculate all you want as long as you understand there's no 100% proof here. That's the real issue with it.

I stand behind Chris in not making a sticky thread, simply because there's more to it than calling someone out.
I think that you are misinterpreting what I was saying. I said make a sticky with a list of good breakers. I don't know how that is an issue. I didn't think that making a sticky of breakers who are known to be trustworthy and have been doing this for a long time would cause so many issues with you guys.

Your forum so do what you want. But I see zero reason why making a sticky of good breakers to help the community would be a bad thing.

A_Pharis

I think that you are misinterpreting what I was saying. I said make a sticky with a list of good breakers. I don't know how that is an issue. I didn't think that making a sticky of breakers who are known to be trustworthy and have been doing this for a long time would cause so many issues with you guys.

Your forum so do what you want. But I see zero reason why making a sticky of good breakers to help the community would be a bad thing.

Same concept. How can we - as staff - make a list of endorsed breakers without driving away possible new breakers that feel some sort of pressure to get put on the list?
There's no need for a sticky when you can go to our box breaks section and see who breaks. You are also welcome to ask for recommendations, and bad breakers are removed from our membership, anyway.
That said, it's also hard for us to police breakers from other forums.

A lot goes into stuff like that, and we want to encourage all people who want to do breaks to submit requests to do breaks without them being on a list where they may feel their absence will cost them business.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
Same concept. How can we - as staff - make a list of endorsed breakers without driving away possible new breakers that feel some sort of pressure to get put on the list?
There's no need for a sticky when you can go to our box breaks section and see who breaks. You are also welcome to ask for recommendations, and bad breakers are removed from our membership, anyway.
That said, it's also hard for us to police breakers from other forums.

A lot goes into stuff like that, and we want to encourage all people who want to do breaks to submit requests to do breaks without them being on a list where they may feel their absence will cost them business.
Your forum your rules. You are looking wayyyyy deeper into this than need be. Of course you will back the admin. Would cause friction if you didn't

That being said, I'm not going to comment on this any longer.

A_Pharis

Your forum your rules. You are looking wayyyyy deeper into this than need be. Of course you will back the admin. Would cause friction if you didn't

That being said, I'm not going to comment on this any longer.

Staff should look into things deeper than most people assume necessary when it's brought to our attention.

Besides, a first page full of sticky threads doesn't go over well, so we keep it to ones that stay pretty pertinent.

Last edited:

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
it really comes down to doing your own research, look at bowman sterling for example.

A bunch of big breakers sold the Blue Jays for $35 on up when they dont have any cards in the set. This is even with the checklist out about 2 weeks before release.

A_Pharis

Quick fix - changed the title of the existing sticky for eBay troublemakers.

That thread is an example of how people can post their individual experiences with sellers/buyers/breakers.
That doesn't mean go in and post what you heard/think. It's for people who feel they've been a victim of poor service/scamming/etc.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA

Also when you have an "FCB list of good breakers", FCB is endorsing breakers...and if one of them goes bad, you know some people are going to get upset and blame FCB because they stood behind them. It'll be "FCB is crap, they said to use this breaker who ripped me off!" or "FCB and that guy are in CAHOOTS!"

Members online

Latest posts