Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Not Joking - Topps Introduces a $27,000/Box Product

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Or you could buy, Spin Jeans by Damien Hirst. With only 8 ever made, this will cost you $27,000.

jeans_zps3bdeoawc.png

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Case breakers will eat this crap up......they'll gamble on this and be the only one making money off of this....

30 spots at a buy-in of 1k each........wait for it, it will show up some place.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
It would be infinitely more entertaining to have $27,000 in $20 bills and throw them in the air when I'm bored.

Apr 13, 2014

What about the guy who pulls a Pete Rose auto, Jimmy Carter auto, Bobby Bonilla sketch card and 8 redemptions for 2008 UDX? ;)

attachment.php

ahhh I get it, the mini giraffe and Ruth are in the box randomly sent to Beckett? :p

Attachments

• south-park-s10e05c07-getting-high-before-oprah-16x9.jpg
    south-park-s10e05c07-getting-high-before-oprah-16x9.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 184

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
There are people with this type of money to spend in the hobby. They just do not buy stuff like this. The buy high grade Mickey Mantle and Jackie Robinson cards. Nolan Ryan RCs in PSA 9. Not the same old tired autograph bs.

There are people that don't have this type of money to spend in the hobby. Split the price by 168, add a 25% markup, and people will be lining up to participate in a group break.

Guaranteed.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
What does a George Washington cut auto go for? That seems to be *the* main hit in this set. (If I dropped the $ for this product, that is what I'd be hoping to pull)

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
The thing is the people that have extra 27k to spend more than likely already have high grade vintage. So those people ponying up the doe are doing it for nostalgic reasons or because they can. There are some rich or wealthy people in this hobby.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
The thing is the people that have extra 27k to spend more than likely already have high grade vintage. So those people ponying up the doe are doing it for nostalgic reasons or because they can. There are some rich or wealthy people in this hobby.

I don't think a lot of people who have that type of money to throw around buy this type of product. Those type of collectors are probably bored to death of this stuff and are more after things that are truly one of a kind and worth buying just for the conversation they'd generate.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I don't think a lot of people who have that type of money to throw around buy this type of product. Those type of collectors are probably bored to death of this stuff and are more after things that are truly one of a kind and worth buying just for the conversation they'd generate.

I agree, I think there is zero upside to releasing this product.

1.It probably wont even profit
2.If it does, it's coming out of the 27k that would be spent on other Topps products, so you're not even gaining really
3.You would rather someone spend 27k worth on something else, because you had to spend $ for the briefcases so this loses again
4.If they spent on other products there would be more midrange cards in sell/trade circulation, which creates buzz
5.More inflating of the 1/1s out there, more 1/1s in other colors... who wants to pay for normal sets and chase 1/1s now?
6.Most boxes will lose so hard people will walk away from gambling, whereas cheaper product will have enough variance to seem like you're not getting pounded

Members online

No members online now.