Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 FCB Prospect Hot List, Version 2.0 – March 21, 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
2014 FCB Prospect Hot List, Version 2.0 – March 21, 2014
by J.P. Schwartz

On this, the last Hot List of spring training, a few players’ cards have risen noticeably
thanks to both great performances and media hype. And in the case of the top guy on this
list, all it took was one dominant inning of work. Only two more weeks until Opening
Day in the minor leagues. Who’s psyched?

1. Julio Urias (Dodgers)
Best Card: 2013 Bowman Sterling Autograph
Even before his excellent debut, ESPN’s Keith Law gave him what some considered to
be a very generous ranking on his Top 100 Prospects list in January, at #14 . Immediately
after his debut, his name was trending on Twitter throughout the day. This 17-year old
prodigy flashes Major League stuff, and he could very well see the bigs sooner than later.
As all prospectors and wax breakers eagerly await his first Bowman Chrome Autograph,
his Bowman Sterling Autographs have spiked as high as $80 recently, up from around
$15-$20 a while ago.

2. Yordano Ventura (Royals)
Best Card: 2013 Bowman Chrome Autograph
Don’t let his rather lithe frame fool you – he can easily hit triple digits, as he’s reached
103 MPH. His last dominant outing cemented his spot as the new #3 in the Royals’
rotation, and his Chrome Autos have risen as a result. One reached as high as $40
recently, up from around half that amount.

3. Nick Castellanos (Tigers)
Best Card: 2013 Bowman Chrome Autograph
Nick has gotten into a groove lately, and as he’s already been dubbed Detroit’s Opening
Day third baseman, his card values are groovin’ as well. They’re now routinely fetching
$50 per, up from $30 a couple of weeks ago.

4. Mike Foltynewicz (Astros)
Best Card: 2010 Bowman Draft Autograph
Like Ventura, Folty can also reach triple digits on the gun, and has put together an
impressive spring campaign. I expect we’ll see him get the call later this year if he keeps
this up. His Chrome Autos, still considered a bargain, are finally starting to rise, as one
sold for $17 recently, up from the $5-$10 range they used to fetch.

5. Nick Williams (Rangers)
Best Card: 2012 Bowman Draft Autograph
Considered the most “safe” prospect among the plethora of risky high-ceiling Rangers
prospects in the lower minors, he recently went yard twice for Texas, the latter being
the game-winner. While there haven’t been many sales of late, his Blue Wave Refractor
Autograph (which is a scarce commodity, considering it was exclusive to winners of the
Bowman Prospect Challenge site from last year), has doubled in value from $25 to $50
per on eBay lately.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Welcome again hot list and thanx!

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
We can add Brady Aiken to that list. Keith Law just named him the #1 prospect overall for the 2014 draft [over Rodon] and called him "a pretty good version of the Kershaw Starter Kit."

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
We can add Brady Aiken to that list. Keith Law just named him the #1 prospect overall for the 2014 draft [over Rodon] and called him "a pretty good version of the Kershaw Starter Kit."

His cards haven't really reflected this yet however, which this list takes into account.

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
I wasn't able to see him throw when I was in Phoenix but I did get an OMLB signed by Urias which as a Dodger fan will tide me over until I can get me some chromes...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts