Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Chris Tillman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I always was a fan but cant say I could have saw this season happen.

He has been a godsend for Baltimore.

His cards really havent taken off but If he finishs strong it could happen

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I have been very impressed with Tillman this year. Eck called him Baltimore's ace last night. Whiel I do not view him as an Ace yet, he has all the tools to be one.

Another pitcher who is not getting much notice but is pitching well is Martin Perez

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
ahh thats right the 09 screwed me up i thought the 09 was the 08.

I never had the higher end parallels just the ref's

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Three All-Stars for Erik Bedard? Ugh.

And I saw Tillman (and Parker) make guys look so bad with his change-up on Saturday...

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I'd rather have the '08 as well. I'd also rather have Tillman and Adam Jones as Mariners!

We had one of the two for a short period of time :) I like the Morse for Avery trade...our direction is finally coming into play, will be neat to see how it plays out. Funny how Felix is starting to look old age in comparison.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I think people give Tillman way too much credit because of his gaudy 15-4 record.

He's 17th in the AL in era. (a mediocre 3.61)
He's 16th in the AL in strikeouts.
He's 16th in the AL in WHIP.

No one would be talking about Tillman if he didn't get good run support.
It's another case of wins not meaning as much as people think it does, when truly great pitchers like Kershaw and Felix struggle to win with tiny era, because of low run support.

Last edited:

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
That era in that ballpark is not easy. Wins are like HR's everyone notices them.

I think people give Tillman way too much credit because of his gaudy 15-4 record.

It's another case of wins not meaning as much as people think it does, when truly great pitchers like Kershaw and Felix struggle to win with tiny era, because of low run support.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD

Do you watch any baseball or are you just a armchair stat guy?
Watch him pitch once.
People talk about him because of his effectiveness. He just completely shut down one of the hottest offense like it was nothing.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts