Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What trades would you propose as a GM in 2013 offseason?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I've always been fascinated at the GM-side of baseball. I follow the Orioles offseason religiously but I'm very interested in the moves other teams make, what I think they should make, etc.

I figured this might be a fun thread. Doesn't matter whether you are partial to the team or not, propose a trade that would be beneficial for BOTH teams.

I'll start:

Astros acquire J.P. Arencibia from the Blue Jays for Nick Tropeano.

The Blue Jays are loaded now with catchers (even though they just DFA'd Mathis). They still have Buck (starting catcher) and D'Arnaud in the wings. Bring back Mathis cheap to back up until D'Arnaud is ready. Blue Jays also get another arm.

Astros get a bat at an important position with some pop and do not give up much upside in return. Makes sense for both teams.

Feel free to debate any trade, I will probably post some others that make sense to me.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
[MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION], sorry move this thread please?

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Rangers get Matt Adams and Lance Lynn

Cardinals get Jurickson Profar and another prospect.

I think the Cardinals would have to cough up some more to get Profar. That same trade might work for Andrus.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Hoping Marmol and Soriano for anyone with potential

My thoughts exactly, for the first time I do believe that the Cubs will actually be able to trade Soriano this off season and get some value in return. Not that much left on the contract, he proved his defense was far above MLB average last year, and he hit for enough power to be coveted.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
My thoughts exactly, for the first time I do believe that the Cubs will actually be able to trade Soriano this off season and get some value in return. Not that much left on the contract, he proved his defense was far above MLB average last year, and he hit for enough power to be coveted.

It'd be interesting to see if a team like the Yankees or Red Sox go after him. Cubs might have to pick up some of the tab though. Do the Yankees want some pop in LF or the speed that Gardner brings?

Do the Red Sox want Soriano or Cody Ross?

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
Just over a month ago I proposed the idea of doing a off-season simulation type thing here but didn't receive a response so I took it over to Reddit where I received a tremendous response. We currently have individuals volunteering as every general manager for every team, we also have a set of commissioners. We recently ended our first round of free-agent signings, next week we are doing arbitration signings, and in the meantime we are doing trades and stuff. It's pretty interesting, feel free to visit and make suggestions to your general manager as participation is extremely encouraged.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Royals send Gordon to Tampa for Archer or Hellickson. I think Myers is ready to assume that spot and i can lube with Frenchie in RF. Also like having control of Myers for 6 years, opposed to Gordon who will leave ASAP.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
Royals send Gordon to Tampa for Archer or Hellickson. I think Myers is ready to assume that spot and i can lube with Frenchie in RF. Also like having control of Myers for 6 years, opposed to Gordon who will leave ASAP.

I would send you Taijuan Walker for Myers.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
I would send you Taijuan Walker for Myers.

In all honesty. I wouldn't trade Myers period, unless I could get an unbelievable ARM. I'm talking Gio, Stras, Cain, etc...

Couple Myers with Butler, Hos, Mous and Perez and we're going to have a VERY formidable quintet in the middle of our lineup.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012

I think that we'll be able to dump both of them this offseason for something in return. You're right Sori played great this year and I would think some team would love to add 25-30 Hrs and 80-100 RBIs with abover average D

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Rangers and Red Sox should just do a trade and get it over with. Ellsbury, Lester, and Saltalamacchia to Texas for Andrus, Martin Perez, Cody Buckel, and Kevin Matthews.

Red Sox get SS, Rangers keep Profar and Olt, Red Sox get three quality young arms. Rangers get AS OF and SP and a C they could use.

Members online

Latest posts