Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============= The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejackaryman8

Sep 11, 2008
Mesa, Arizona
My girlfriend just called me from California. She's there for a few track meets and she was supposed to be running the 10K tonight at 9:30. She called me to let me know that she would not be running at all today because there was a bomb threat at the meet. I'm glad she's safe, but I can't believe some people

Sorry to hear about the situation. Still scary to know that she's there. Glad she's alright!

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
My girlfriend just called me from California. She's there for a few track meets and she was supposed to be running the 10K tonight at 9:30. She called me to let me know that she would not be running at all today because there was a bomb threat at the meet. I'm glad she's safe, but I can't believe some people

That's ridiculous! I hate people.... Glad she's safe though!

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Thankfully she called me at 2 my time, which was the time they were supposed to be leaving the hotel to go to the meet so she wasn't there when it happened, but I do know that the field even athletes were there this morning. I don't know what they did, but I'm assuming the coach pulled them and left as well.

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
[MENTION=2547]thejackaryman8[/MENTION]

Also to answer your question about the shops in the cities, Three Stars Sports cards is the only shop around the cities that I've been to. Was decent the couple times I stopped in, but haven't been there since May or June. If you happen to stop in St. Cloud on your way down I-94, Sideline Sports Collectibles is in their mall and it's a great shop. I stop in every time I'm up at school.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
@thejackaryman8

Also to answer your question about the shops in the cities, Three Stars Sports cards is the only shop around the cities that I've been to. Was decent the couple times I stopped in, but haven't been there since May or June. If you happen to stop in St. Cloud on your way down I-94, Sideline Sports Collectibles is in their mall and it's a great shop. I stop in every time I'm up at school.

The Dugout was bought out by my LCS and is relocating back to St. Cloud from Sartell... Don't know if that happened yet.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
There is also Sports Card Central that's in the back of a bookstore in the same building as Old Country Buffet, at least it used to be.

As for the Twin Cities, I would stop by FanHQ in the Ridgedale Mall.

If you are coming through Willmar, stop up at The FanZone in the mall.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
3 for $20 on $10 teams - he took advantage! It helped get the break to $160, only need $40. Braves, Cardinals, Red Sox and several others still available.

Even though totally low end team, I thought about taking the Indians lol... not sure who would be the pulls during those years.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Anybody ready for some scans and details about how I picked up some cards!? No? Well too bad, you're getting them anyways :lol:

A few Spans in here- glad I was able to snag the purples since those are usually hard to track down, and when they do pop up they can go for a few bucks. Got mine cheap on Sportlots. Then there is the emerald, and the 2 wrapper redemptions. The silver slate border is /10

A few more Twins in here- Span 2008 Black RC 57/57. I'm glad to pick this one up finally. The Cuddyer is a RC refractor from @flightpost, along with the Knoblauch RC and a few in the next scan. He posted he was getting rid of some Twins cards so I inquired and he sent them for nothing. I asked what he needed and he said no need to send anything for him. The Mauer Tribute is /99, I needed it to go with my blue and black/white parallel. The Pujols and Gehrig were in a lot with the Mauer. Those 2 are available. The 2 Trevor May autos I got cheap, $4 delivered for the pair. And then a Jose Fernandez auto that I've been waiting for since January.

Now for a few more from flightpost. There are 3 custom made Kirby Puckett RC Superfractors! They are the first supers I've ever had, and even though they aren't the same as the ones printed by Topps I still enjoy them. Then my first Puckett RC and it is a PSA 9. Then there are 2 Diamond autos that are the start of a new PC. I also have a blue Tribute auto /50 enroute to me, and working on picking up one /15. The Span/Blackburn is /15. I had one originally but sold it to Tgutta to fund another purchase. About a week later this one popped up so I scooped it up to replace it.

Now here are some misc. sports RCs. These were also included from flightpost. Then some of my TTM autos! [MENTION=2413]MojoDan[/MENTION] for the Les Miles auto. I only had one Ginter card when I sent otherwise I would have gotten you one as well.

Here's a few more TTM autos that I've gotten
The Dozier and Gardenhire were signed at the Twins Caravan in Sioux Falls, SD. My dad lives there so I sent them to him to get signed for me.

And now the last of my TTM autos and some that I traded for. The Cuddyer was a gift from [MENTION=1953]Musial Collector[/MENTION]. The May was a gift from [MENTION=4648]TGutta[/MENTION] who had it signed at Twinsfest. The others are from a trade on Pat Neshek's message board

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
WTF ?? I can't read earlier pages file error but I can read any other post . One happy GDad = G/S got two hits tonight , two at bats machine pitch . so far after three games on base every time .

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Well, I just got some sweet news!

The Gophers have decided to do a road tour of the state of Minnesota and they are stopping in my town. I'll be meeting either Lucia, Kill, or Pitino. Of course, the fun doesn't stop there. They make 2 other stops in towns around me. I'll be at both of those as well.

This is the first time that I know of in over 10 years where there has been an autographing event in my town.

U L Washington Rookie

Dec 7, 2012
D Town
Okay - I'm excited - I've purchased two more boxes for the next MT live box break. So here's the details!

5 sealed Hobby Boxes, 1 each of: 1999 Bowman Chrome Series 1, 1999 Topps Tek, 1999 Topps Gold Label, 2000 Topps Gold Label and 2001 Topps Gold Label. Particularly excited to add the Topps Tek - with gold #/10 cards that are highly desirable! The Gold Label also have great chances for low serial number parallels and 1/1's.

I'll sell team slots again, minimum $15 order, prices include shipping. The $10 teams are 2 for $15 or 3 for $20! And if you buy any slot of $15 or more, you can add a $10 team for $7 to your order. I need to sell $200 minimum in slots to make the break happen, and break will be either Tuesday or Wednesday of next week via live USTREAM.

YANKEES - 25 Resident Bay Fan pending
BRAVES - 25
ORIOLES - 25 thejackaryman8 PAID
MARINERS - 25 RustyGreerFan PAID
RED SOX - 20
DODGERS - 20 Resident Bay Fan pending
CARDINALS - 20
METS - 15 Resident Bay Fan pending
ASTROS - 15
ANGELS - 15
ATHLETICS - 15
CUBS - gracecollector
WHITE SOX - 15 RustyGreerFan PAID
BLUE JAYS - 10
PHILLIES - 10
NATIONALS/EXPOS - 10 TBTwinsFan pending
RANGERS - 10 RustyGreerFan PAID
DIAMONDBACKS - 10
ROCKIES - 10
PADRES - 10 RustyGreerFan PAID
GIANTS - 10
INDIANS - 10
TIGERS - 10
ROYALS - 10
TWINS - 10 TBTwinsFan pending
REDS - 10 RustyGreerFan PAID
BREWERS - 10
PIRATES - 10
MARLINS - 10
RAYS - 10

Let's have some more box-breaking fun! Shipments on the Gallery break are going out today (3) and tomorrow (other 3).
I'll take the Braves and Tigers. Just PM me the payment instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts