Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

July Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
So my wife just got home from work and I asked her why did she stay so late, she then did not respond so I asked again, and I guess I gave her a look that made her respond with " you watch too much Maury and Steve wilkos", I was not wen thinking she was out cheating so I laughed, but she then told me she was tipped off about a lady getting rid of some cards her now ex-husband forgot and was selling as a lot for $50, so my wife jumped at the chance and pick them up for me...

She bought these initially:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The lady told my wife that she would give her these 2 cause she has no use for them and had no clue about them. She asked my wife if she new anything ad my wife played "dumb" she just said all she knows is the card is old and trees a black guy on it...and the other she said she never seen before...she took care of me...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Quite the ethical family you have there. Congrats on ripping of a divorcée. Hope you're proud of your wife for that, and yourself for accepting it.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
Quite the ethical family you have there. Congrats on ripping of a divorcée. Hope you're proud of your wife for that, and yourself for accepting it.

So you're telling me if you was in my shoes, you would have your wife return the cards? If so, not to bash you but you would be 1 of 2 things, Lying out your a$$ or dumb as hell...

Last edited:

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008

This ain't a Jordan rookie. Given better pics of the vintage $50 isn't a massive steal for a quick cash deal between strangers. In fact his wife would have over paid without those freebies

A_Pharis

For what it's worth - the corners on the Merkle and the Robinson both look artificially rounded.

Corners on cards become naturally rounded over time with handling. It's not THAT common to find somewhat high-end vintage with all four corners not only rounded but rounded to roughly the same degree. (And cleanly round, at that)
I know you're getting them authenticated, but my gut says reprints/fakes since they don't fit in with what appears to be a 90's+ collection.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
For instance (reprint):

$_57.JPG

Notice the level of OC from left to right compared to that posted by Enfuego. I know lots of cards during that time were OC - but the comparison here leaves me saying "Ehhh..."

Good luck

I did bring them both to a reliable source who has built a rapport with PSA years back and has explained to me a few things, 1. They are in fact authentic, he
Based this off of a few things such as the quality of the picture not being that great, there were no signs of altering of the card such as rounding, attempting to even/center the card and if I were to send to grade to not expect anything higher than a 3.5 or a 4 for the Robinson and a 1.5 max for the "Boner"

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
Sorry man, I was having a ****** day and let it boil over on here. I usually am conscious enough to type and then cancel the post when it's clearly coming from my own **** boiling over. No excuse for saying it, but all I can do is apologize unfortunately. Nice cards

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
Sorry man, I was having a ****** day and let it boil over on here. I usually am conscious enough to type and then cancel the post when it's clearly coming from my own **** boiling over. No excuse for saying it, but all I can do is apologize unfortunately. Nice cards

No worries

Apr 23, 2012
New Orleans
What is your argument for your assumption?

The borders are too wide, the discoloration of the borders looks unnatural, and the color looks off (like a more modern printing method)

I'm not an expert though. Take a few more photos / scans and post at net54 and you should get good advice as to whether it's worth paying for authentication.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
So my wife just got home from work and I asked her why did she stay so late, she then did not respond so I asked again, and I guess I gave her a look that made her respond with " you watch too much Maury and Steve wilkos", I was not wen thinking she was out cheating so I laughed, but she then told me she was tipped off about a lady getting rid of some cards her now ex-husband forgot and was selling as a lot for $50, so my wife jumped at the chance and pick them up for me...

She bought these initially:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The lady told my wife that she would give her these 2 cause she has no use for them and had no clue about them. She asked my wife if she new anything ad my wife played "dumb" she just said all she knows is the card is old and trees a black guy on it...and the other she said she never seen before...she took care of me...

attachment.php

attachment.php
:eek:

Latest posts