Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I have a few 98 Tek's on the way I can hopefully share soon. Are there threads for 99 and 2000 I have been scooping up a few of them as well.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Just show them off here.I don't hate on any of them.

Will do. I have been picking up several from all 3 years so far. Still trying to figure out 2000 Tek. They are all cool looking cards. I am picking up what Cubs I can find that are reasonably priced. I saw there were few to pick from on COMC and sportslots the patterns don't seem to be labeled it just has the card number.

Last edited:

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Will do. I have been picking up several from all 3 years so far. Still trying to figure out 200 Tek. They are all cool looking cards. I am picking up what Cubs I can find that are reasonably priced. I saw there were few to pick from on COMC and sportslots the patterns don't seem to be labeled it just has the card number.

I like '00 design too_One of the years had a home and away pattern.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Just show them off here.I don't hate on any of them.

Will do. I have been picking up several from all 3 years so far. Still trying to figure out 200 Tek. They are all cool looking cards. I am picking up what Cubs I can find that are reasonably priced. I saw there were few to pick from on COMC and sportslots the patterns don't seem to be labeled it just has the card number.

I would think twice before posting 1999 and 2000 in the 1998 thread:
[h=2]RCW 9.41.190[/h][h=1]Unlawful posting of non-specific Tek cards in said FCB thread — Penalty — Exceptions.[/h]
(1) It shall be unlawful for any person to post, exhibit, display, or mention any Topps Tek card from a non-specified year, namely 1999 and 2000, or any other Tek insert apparently mimicking a 1998 Tek, in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to draw attention to, or that warrants alarm for the enjoyment of other persons.

(2) Any person violating the provisions of subsection (1) above shall be guilty of a gross misdemeanor. If any person is convicted of a violation of subsection (1) of this section, the person shall lose his or her FCB log-in ability, if any. The Admin, [MENTION=2418]George_Calfas[/MENTION], shall send notice of the revocation to the supervisor admin, [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION], and to the city, town, or county which offending member resides.

(3) Subsection (1) of this section shall not apply to or affect the following:

(a) Any 99 or 00 Tek committed by a person while in the background of his or her place of abode or fixed place of business while photographing 1998 Teks;

(b) Any person who by virtue of his or her office or public employment is vested by law with a duty to preserve 90's inserts, maintain 90's related threads, or to make Ebay links to and, while in the performance of such duty;

(c) Any person asking questions about 99 or 00 Teks for the purpose of comparing, or expanding topics, while himself or herself subjects to the uses of 1998 Teks, or for the purpose of reinvigorating another against the use of such unlawful posting of 99 and 00 Teks by a third person;

(d) Any person making or displaying rare, misidentified test issues or promos (Leximo); or

(e) Any person engaged in military activities sponsored by the federal or state governments.

[1994 sp.s. c 7 § 426; 1969 c 8 § 1.]

Last edited:

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
RCW 9.41.190

Unlawful posting of non-specific Tek cards in said FCB thread — Penalty — Exceptions.
(1) It shall be unlawful for any person to post, exhibit, display, or mention any Topps Tek card from a non-specified year, namely 1999 and 2000, or any other Tek insert apparently mimicking a 1998 Tek, in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to draw attention to, or that warrants alarm for the enjoyment of other persons.

(2) Any person violating the provisions of subsection (1) above shall be guilty of a gross misdemeanor. If any person is convicted of a violation of subsection (1) of this section, the person shall lose his or her FCB log-in ability, if any. The Admin, @George_Calfas, shall send notice of the revocation to the supervisor admin, @cgilmo, and to the city, town, or county which offending member resides.

(a) Any 99 or 00 Tek committed by a person while in the background of his or her place of abode or fixed place of business while photographing 1998 Teks;

(b) Any person who by virtue of his or her office or public employment is vested by law with a duty to preserve 90's inserts, maintain 90's related threads, or to make Ebay links to and, while in the performance of such duty;

(c) Any person asking questions about 99 or 00 Teks for the purpose of comparing, or expanding topics, while himself or herself subjects to the uses of 1998 Teks, or for the purpose of reinvigorating another against the use of such unlawful posting of 99 and 00 Teks by a third person;

(d) Any person making or displaying rare, misidentified test issues or promos (Leximo); or

(e) Any person engaged in military activities sponsored by the federal or state governments.

There goes the neighborhood.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
[MENTION=2602]SINFULONE[/MENTION] - what's up with your quotes? Looks weird via my mobile. Maybe okay on PC.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
[h=2]RCW 9.41.190[/h][h=1]Unlawful posting of non-specific Tek cards in said FCB thread — Penalty — Exceptions.[/h]

(2) Any person violating the provisions of subsection (1) above shall be guilty of a gross misdemeanor. If any person is convicted of a violation of subsection (1) of this section, the person shall lose his or her FCB log-in ability, if any. The Admin, [MENTION=2418]George_Calfas[/MENTION], shall send notice of the revocation to the supervisor admin, [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION], and to the city, town, or county which offending member resides.

LOL.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-52-Baseball-2000-2004-Topps-Tek-Diffractors-Randy-Johnson-Scott-Rolen-J5-/131099226087?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item1e861f6fe7

New lot of what is mostly 1998 Teks. Fair number of them heavily spotted too. Includes Belle, Lankford and a couple of Buhner. This seller did have a few 1998 diffractors in his(her?) last lot, but none in this despite the listing title. Not sure which card is supposed to be the newly discovered 2004 Tek.
Good spot. There is one Belle but it's a base and without being home, can't tell what pattern number it is... anyone know from just seeing it? I'd be interested in splitting the lot if it happens to be one of the four patterns I'm looking for obviously.

Members online

Latest posts