Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*** Meet The METS -All things NY Mets related ***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Found an old 8x10 going through some stuff....thought I would share....

bud8x10auto_zpscf1eb331.jpg

Nice, Buddy is an awesome guy. An author friend of mine recently did a book signing with buddy. He has some leftover copies of Buddy's book, signed, if anyone is interested, I believe he said $40 dlvd. ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1358803986.740775.jpg

That's the inscription Buddy put into all of them, I think he has 6 left if anyone is interested hit me up with a PM.

On another note, the Mets brought back Pedro Feliciano on, yet another, minor league deal.

neckababy1

Jul 26, 2010
Toms River, NJ
I was just talking about this very same thing with my son. I think as things stand with the Mets ML Roster, Flores future is at 2B. I like Murphy, just not at 2B....

From Mets Blog:

Wilmer Flores will play second and third base in 2013

January 14th, 2013 1:45 pmIn a Q&A with fans on Thursday, the Mets said Wilmer Flores will continue to work at both second base and third base in the minor leagues during 2013.
The Mets did not say if Flores will see time at first base or in the outfield.
In 130 games for Single-A and Double-A last year, Flores hit .300 with 18 HR, 75 RBI, 38 walks and 60 strikeouts in 493 at-bats, during which he won the Sterling Organizational Player of the Year Award.
My bet is he gets traded before ever playing for the Mets. He doesn't really have a position and we have already gone through that with Murphy. I understand he's supposed to be a very good hitter but I see him being a piece of a trade down the line to pick a veteran up.

WaxPax

[h=1]Mets interested in Bourn, lobbying MLB to protect their top draft pick[/h]January 24th, 2013 6:49 am
michael-bourn-2-polaroid.jpg
The Mets have interest in free-agent OF Michael Bourn, but would have to surrender their first round draft pick to sign him.

However, because the Pirates moved ahead of the Mets to No. 9 in the draft – after failing to sign their top pick last year - the Mets are lobbying MLB to get their No. 11 overall pick protected (a right reserved for the top 10 picks). This would instead allow the Mets to give up a second-round draft choice in exchange for Bourn, according to the following reports.

3:45 am: Bourn is realistic possibility for the Mets, a major league source said (Puma, New York Post).
2:49 am: The Mets are seriously considering whether to sign Bourn, who has been seeking a five-year deal. The Mets have $15 million to spend, despite reports to the contrary. (Heyman, CBS Sports).

WaxPax

Interesting to see them jump in on this. Yesterday, it was mentioned they would not act on Bourn without getting another OF'er first. They were mentioned in talks with Ariz for Upton, but don't want to give up D'arnaud, Harvey or Wheeler to get him.

Now, if they could pull off something for Upton with Syndergaard, Flores, Fulmer Etc., I say do it then sign Bourn. That would clearly fix 2/3 of the OF problems......

Last edited:

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
The Braves get Justin Upton, we get.....
Shaun Marcum

Mets agree to sign RHP Shaun Marcum
January 24th, 2013 8:18 am
The Mets and free-agent RHP Shaun Marcum have agreed to a one-year deal, according to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports.

Marcum, 31, went 7-4 with a 3.70 ERA in 21 starts for the Brewers in 2012, during which he missed two months of the season with an elbow injury.

He is 57-36 with a 3.76 ERA in seven seasons with the Blue Jays and Brewers.

He has averaged just under six innings per start, held the opposition to a .240 average and has allowed 1.21 home runs per nine innings in his career as a starting pitcher.

WaxPax

Braves, Nat & Phils will be fighting it out for the playoffs, we will be fighting it out with the Marlins for draft positioning.....

The Braves get Justin Upton, we get.....
Shaun Marcum

Mets agree to sign RHP Shaun Marcum
January 24th, 2013 8:18 am
The Mets and free-agent RHP Shaun Marcum have agreed to a one-year deal, according to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports.

Marcum, 31, went 7-4 with a 3.70 ERA in 21 starts for the Brewers in 2012, during which he missed two months of the season with an elbow injury.

He is 57-36 with a 3.76 ERA in seven seasons with the Blue Jays and Brewers.

He has averaged just under six innings per start, held the opposition to a .240 average and has allowed 1.21 home runs per nine innings in his career as a starting pitcher.

WaxPax

eh....from Roto

[h=1]Mets Sign Marlon Byrd[/h]By Zach Links [February 1 at 5:47pm CST]
The Mets announced that they have signed outfielder Marlon Byrd to a minor league deal with an invite to major league spring training. Byrd, a client of the ACES agency, is expected to compete with Andrew Brown for the Mets' fifth outfielder spot, according to Anthony DiComo of MLB.com (on Twitter).
The Cubs ate $6.1MM of Byrd's $6.5MM salary in an April trade with the Red Sox that netted them Michael Bowden. The 35-year-old was suspended for 50 games in June after testing positive for performance enhancing drugs. In 153 combined plate apperances with the Cubs and Red Sox, Byrd posted a combined .210/.243/.245 slash line.
Earlier this month, we heard that the Marlins had some interest in signing Byrd. For his career, Byrd has hit .278/.336/.413 for the Phillies, Rangers, Cubs, Nationals, and Red Sox.

Read more at MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Members online

Latest posts