Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Product of the year?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
With this years releases pretty much all out...what was your pick for product of the year?

My pick goes to Tier 1. Still is an amazing product that put the Bat Knob craze into motion. The gold and silver ink autos were amazing. Not to mention the even cooler hits in my opinion were the clear reprint autos. I was lucky enough to pull a clear Chipper Jones. It was the most talked about release of the year. What's best is that there were virtually no damaged cards that I've seen in all the breaks.

So what's your pick?

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
The cards of the year, IMO, are those clear rookie reprint autos. I like those more than the bat knob cards. The were innovative, looked good and were well produced. Just wish I had pulled some!

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
I agree... I would put 5 star under worst product of the year.

Maybe it's just my own personal breaks but I also thought Allen and Ginter was terrible this year even though the checklist looked strong.

woah woah

definitely not worse product of the year.

I thought it was a really fun rip, but they need the year to get the product right.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
As said, Topps Chrome football if you're considering all sports. UD Fleer Retro basketball would be in that Conversation too...

Museum Collection, base Topps and an improved Gypsy Queen all were good IMO.

And I'm probably the only here to say this, and it's not a good value at all, but I really love the Archives set this year.

Mario1975

May 9, 2012
Topps base for me too. Just funny how with all the high end products with fancy gimmicks, chase cards, multiple hits, on card autos, etc that the best, or at least one of the best products, is one of the cheapest whose focus is just on base cards and insert sets.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
With this years releases pretty much all out...what was your pick for product of the year?

My pick goes to Tier 1. Still is an amazing product that put the Bat Knob craze into motion. The gold and silver ink autos were amazing. Not to mention the even cooler hits in my opinion were the clear reprint autos. I was lucky enough to pull a clear Chipper Jones. It was the most talked about release of the year. What's best is that there were virtually no damaged cards that I've seen in all the breaks.

So what's your pick?

My Pick as well and you forget they had Full letter patches (With the jersey behind it ) of Willie Stargell, Reggie Jackson, Carl Ripken Jr, Wade boggs, Bruce Sutter and many more.

Last edited: