Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which supply would you never use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
These things, they should be long gone from the hobby.1455493222914.jpg

Can't tell you how many times over the decades I've went to pick one up and the lid came off while the second piece dropped along with all cards.

Just use the hinged cases everyone.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Hinges do brake. :|

+1

Quite a few hinges break on me. Sometimes you can snap them back in place, other times part of the hinge breaks off and they can't be re-seated.

I love sliders done right ... The ones that don't slide up and down like OP but rather sideways. The ones I have that slide up/down I secure with painters tape to prevent accidents during transport.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
The brick size screwdowns.

And I use the big 250 "sideways" cases for the Oversized cards, like the early 80s Donruss "In Action" sets...

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I hate the hinge boxes more. Too much potential for crimping the card when closing the box. Plus the corners are a little rounded and the cards inside have too much room to move.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Yes! Everything posted in this thread is garbage.

Now, for an unpopular opinion: 9 pocket pages. I don't like them. Binders never shut right, transporting them from a broken binder to a working one sucks, you can't handle them individually as you could a card in a toploader.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Yes! Everything posted in this thread is garbage.

Now, for an unpopular opinion: 9 pocket pages. I don't like them. Binders never shut right, transporting them from a broken binder to a working one sucks, you can't handle them individually as you could a card in a toploader.

Loved pages and binders when I was a kid, but I have out grown them

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
These things, they should be long gone from the hobby.View attachment 59502

Can't tell you how many times over the decades I've went to pick one up and the lid came off while the second piece dropped along with all cards.

Just use the hinged cases everyone.

I use the small and medium sized ones for temporary storage of almost all of my cards when they come in, many of which go off to get graded. A BGS sleeve from BGS will fit a medium perfectly, so no worries if I drop the plastic box off my desk. There's no way I can be organized w/o these things. If I was to use the hinged ones, my corner subgrades would get destroyed.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
I hate the 8 pocket pages that were available in the early 90's. I can't get any of the cards out of them now. At least the cards won't rot away. :(

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Loved pages and binders when I was a kid, but I have out grown them

I am curious to know how you store all of your Dawson cards. I tried 9 pocket pages to start with on my McGriff collection but that did not work well. I finally went to penny sleeve and top loaders for all my McGriff cards other than my doubles. I mainly use just a penny sleeve on those.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I am curious to know how you store all of your Dawson cards. I tried 9 pocket pages to start with on my McGriff collection but that did not work well. I finally went to penny sleeve and top loaders for all my McGriff cards other than my doubles. I mainly use just a penny sleeve on those.

Every unique Dawson card gets put in a a penny sleeve and a top loader and then a three row monster box. All of my doubles go into five row monster boxes.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Every unique Dawson card gets put in a a penny sleeve and a top loader and then a three row monster box. All of my doubles go into five row monster boxes.

Cool, I was curious. I use the smaller two row for my cards in top loaders. I just have one monster box of my McGriff doubles so far. LOL

Members online

Latest posts