Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Ha that Ripken is a bit high.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

For a 1/1 of a sought after card. I would tell you a 1996 Mirror Gold which has 30 copies would get $10k or close. If that was a Jeter it would have lasted 5 minutes. It’s just funny to hear people putting down a card. My thoughts people who say that don’t have the money to Buy It and say it’s too much to make others think a second time about it. I have seen people list item as a Buy It Now and not sell than go on auction and sell for more. There is a best offer button if I had the money for it I would submit an offer. If I collected Ripken just to be able to say I have this card no one else does. Let’s face it that card will be bought and will not be seen for years and every other Ripken collector will think man I wish I bought that card. Say say the same thing for the 1996 Mirror Gold Jeter that I could have owned. The fact is in 2010 on sold for $600 and I missed that auction. All I am trying to say don’t be foolish and think something might be too high because for someone it won’t. Especially for a card of this of this level. I think the price is fair you can either take it or leave it. I wish it was my card I would use it for trade bait for one of those rare Jeter cards I am missing.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Ha that Ripken is a bit high.

Let me just say I am not trying to knock you but just because you think $10k is too much doesn’t mean everyone else will feel the same. I just believe if he auctioned this he would get over $10k for it as there is no going back then you want it you need to put your max bid and most times people who make offers are willing to pay more but are looking for a deal and save money.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Let me just say I am not trying to knock you but just because you think $10k is too much doesn’t mean everyone else will feel the same. I just believe if he auctioned this he would get over $10k for it as there is no going back then you want it you need to put your max bid and most times people who make offers are willing to pay more but are looking for a deal and save money.

No way a Ripken collector pays over $10k for that card. Ripken collectors != Jeter collectors

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
No way a Ripken collector pays over $10k for that card. Ripken collectors != Jeter collectors

That’s you opinion others said the same on that Griffey Bronze Promo I used to own then I got a $8k offer and took it and someone hear could have owned it for $1500 as that is what I paid an all I got were low offers of $750 to $1000 there are collectors out there that don’t talk or show there collection who will offer more than you might believe it’s worth.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
That’s you opinion others said the same on that Griffey Bronze Promo I used to own then I got a $8k offer and took it and someone hear could have owned it for $1500 as that is what I paid an all I got were low offers of $750 to $1000 there are collectors out there that don’t talk or show there collection who will offer more than you might believe it’s worth.

Again, you're trying to compare Ripken collectors to a whole different level of insanity. Rare Ripken cards usually sell for a fraction of what the same Jeter and Griffey card would sell for.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Again, you're trying to compare Ripken collectors to a whole different level of insanity. Rare Ripken cards usually sell for a fraction of what the same Jeter and Griffey card would sell for.

Again best of luck but I doubt it will go for much less. Kind of hope he sends it to PWCC then we can see what it will really go for as I bet a lot of people you have never talked to will come and bid and seeing a Ripken Rookie Graded Auto sold for $3k I can see someone going triple that for a 1 of 1 Ripken card you might never see again. No one will ever get every card made and that means if your not willing to pay the price asking then that card is more than likely never going to be owned by you. I used the Griffey cards as an example that’s all as I was not looking to make a profit but help another collector and no one here was willing to pay me what I paid. Next I made over 5 times for what I paid. Believe me when I say not every serious Collector is known as some like to keep there collection private.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Again best of luck but I doubt it will go for much less. Kind of hope he sends it to PWCC then we can see what it will really go for as I bet a lot of people you have never talked to will come and bid and seeing a Ripken Rookie Graded Auto sold for $3k I can see someone going triple that for a 1 of 1 Ripken card you might never see again. No one will ever get every card made and that means if your not willing to pay the price asking then that card is more than likely never going to be owned by you. I used the Griffey cards as an example that’s all as I was not looking to make a profit but help another collector and no one here was willing to pay me what I paid. Next I made over 5 times for what I paid. Believe me when I say not every serious Collector is known as some like to keep there collection private.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I bought the Mirror Gold version but this one seems like a good deal as well not sure if anyone needs it but a PSA 10 Mirror Blue Bernie Williams for $150 sounds like a good deal as well

View attachment 89293View attachment 89294

Bernie gold has been a $350-500 card but a few hit the market a while back and dropped value.

Blue is high but some collectors are stalking these. With only 45 copies they are a tough set

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Bernie gold has been a $350-500 card but a few hit the market a while back and dropped value.

Blue is high but some collectors are stalking these. With only 45 copies they are a tough set

I don’t mind hold on to it the fact the peel is still on and looks mint my just get it graded. I am sure that card wasn’t going to be up long for $144.95.

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
lol @ thinking a Ripken Mirror Black would go anywhere near $10k, then referencing PWCC prices like they are the normal going price. If PWCC prices were normal then a lot of us would have 6 or 7 figure collections by those measures.

It's a cool card but his last Select Certified Mirror Golds went around $2.5k and were BGS 9.5 I believe? You can cite comparables across many of his inserts and I think you'd be lucky to get anymore than $2-$2.5k for that, and even then it would be a very hard sell IMO. That number I'm quoting is ultra high end, real price would probably be even less.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
lol @ thinking a Ripken Mirror Black would go anywhere near $10k, then referencing PWCC prices like they are the normal going price. If PWCC prices were normal then a lot of us would have 6 or 7 figure collections by those measures.

It's a cool card but his last Select Certified Mirror Golds went around $2.5k and were BGS 9.5 I believe? You can cite comparables across many of his inserts and I think you'd be lucky to get anymore than $2-$2.5k for that, and even then it would be a very hard sell IMO. That number I'm quoting is ultra high end, real price would probably be even less.

Well I don’t see anyone else owning it. I don’t remember A Cal Ripken Mirror Gold selling recently. But other cards that are not as rare have on eBay completed auctions for $3k either way best of luck getting it to all the Ripken collectors.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011

I stand corrected 2 did sell recently in November for almost $2000.00 BGS 9.5 and $2600.00 for a BGS 10. There is still the point of 30 copies to one copy. I would think that would add to the value as it is one of those cards that you are the sole owner. I also believe timing has an impact on sales November people are spending money for the holidays and might not spend as much. If this card sold after taxes you might get double. Another factor is when was the last sale if it was 6 months before not as much hype around it as it’s been seen recently. Where if it’s been a few years bigger build up. The Mirror Black have a rarity to them much more than the Mirror Gold and my understanding seeing it in person look gorgeous. Either way talked to the owner and my understanding is if he doesn’t get the right price he will keep it. You can say what you think it’s worth but you will still have to pay the person who owns it what they believe it’s worth if you want it and it’s 1/1.

IMG_4349.JPG
IMG_4350.JPG

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
1997 New Pinnacle Magenta Printing Plate Paul O'Neill

Still in disbelief I was able to land one of these after all these years. One of the first products with printing plates, it features the Pinnacle CEO signature on the back which is a nice touch.

s-l400.jpg

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
What are the odds 2 cards both graded BGS 9 will sell by 2 different people with a 0 feedback from China and be legit on a 1993 SP Jeter rookie.almost the same time. My thoughts 1 seller 2 accounts and the Buyer will not get the card in the picture.
IMG_4361.JPG

Members online

Latest posts