Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB PC Tournament STARTING TODAY!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I thought the unique category rounds were an interesting format. It would be cool if the board had an open contest each day based on a real specific category (examples: numbered to 50 card, specific team's jersey card, dual auto card, specific brand or set card, etc.), and the first ten people to enter then got voted on by the board for the daily winner.

Similar to what I was thinking. See my earlier posts on this. A "tournament" on for those categories with public voting using the polling mechanism. Not sure that a daily winner is possible, but time will tell.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
How's this coming along? Deadlines? Have many submissions yet? Anything to hype up? Some chatter here can help drum up interest in seeing what's to come.

What's the story with this, is this a good idea run out of steam?

Sounds like it it dead in the water. Can't even get the OP to reply even though he has been online and replying to other threads. My interest has dwindled so I'll take my excitement elsewhere :)

It seems like it got over complicated and rolled too many ideas into one.

If it is dead, I would like to take the idea down a different path and maybe I can get it rolling. I will wait for word from the OP, however, as i don't want to hijack his idea.

I say take it over. The law is straightforward, and I want to see this idea (or one like it) happen!!
Under current FCB admiralty law, which conforms to international thread salvage law as laid out in [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION]'s Salvage Convention of 1989, assistance rendered another thread is considered salvage when: 1) the assisted thread is subject to an OP who shows a lack of follow through peril; 2) the assistance is voluntary; and 3) the assistance is successful in whole or part.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I say take it over. The law is straightforward, and I want to see this idea (or one like it) happen!!
Under current FCB admiralty law, which conforms to international thread salvage law as laid out in @cgilmo's Salvage Convention of 1989, assistance rendered another thread is considered salvage when: 1) the assisted thread is subject to an OP who shows a lack of follow through peril; 2) the assistance is voluntary; and 3) the assistance is successful in whole or part.

Let's give it a day or so. If the ship is not righted by then (Friday), then we can invoke the Salvage Convention and run with it (unless the OP throws in the towel before then).

mizzouboy

Apr 24, 2013
I am so sorry guys, had school work that came up quick and needed to get it done. Have a free day tomorrow and will get this all sorted out, so look forward to the first round starting tomorrow! Again I am very sorry for not saying anything about this before now!

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I am so sorry guys, had school work that came up quick and needed to get it done. Have a free day tomorrow and will get this all sorted out, so look forward to the first round starting tomorrow! Again I am very sorry for not saying anything about this before now!

Please read the PM I sent you.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa

There are too many unanswered questions in this thread, so a lot of us have lost confidence of wanting to be involved. This is a great idea all around, but from the sounds of it will require daily participation by the person running it.

Please read the PM I sent you.

Thanks for your PM as well, I'll reply back in a bit :)

mizzouboy

Apr 24, 2013
First Off, I wanted to start by saying Thanks to everyone who has stuck along with the idea and supported the idea up to now!

Second, I know that there are alot of complaints on this at the moment but I am working on it with another member to try to create a new format to make things easier to follow and so everyone will have a chance to participate no matter how big or small their personal collection is!

Lastly, when tournament submissions started, I only received submissions from about half the participants. So, after all of this happened I came up with a conclusion.

I am going to finish this tournament with the participants that sent me submissions for the first round.

The Rest of this tournament will be Autographs, but each round will have a "subcategory" from the autograph category.

This upcoming round of 8 will "Bowman First's" Autographs.

This is what the first round match ups will look like now.(These were the participants who sent cards in for the first round, I have sent a PM to each of you letting you know the updated terms and letting you know about the submissions for the upcoming first round)

chris19978
sierra79
------------------
rickeyfantastic
Nate Colbert 17
------------------
Zan
U L Washington Rookie
------------------
Alexs64
MisterT

The first round of the updated tournament will begin sometime sunday morning!

Last edited:

U L Washington Rookie

Dec 7, 2012
D Town
First Off, I wanted to start by saying Thanks to everyone who has stuck along with the idea and supported the idea up to now!

Second, I know that there are alot of complaints on this at the moment but I am working on it with another member to try to create a new format to make things easier to follow and so everyone will have a chance to participate no matter how big or small their personal collection is!

Lastly, when tournament submissions started, I only received submissions from about half the participants. So, after all of this happened I came up with a conclusion.

I am going to finish this tournament with the participants that sent me submissions for the first round.

The Rest of this tournament will be Autographs, but each round will have a "subcategory" from the autograph category.

This upcoming round of 8 will "Bowman First's" Autographs.

This is what the first round match ups will look like now.(These were the participants who sent cards in for the first round, I have sent a PM to each of you letting you know the updated terms and letting you know about the submissions for the upcoming first round)

chris19978
sierra79
------------------
rickeyfantastic
Nate Colbert 17
------------------
Zan
U L Washington Rookie
------------------
Alexs64
MisterT

The first round of the updated tournament will begin sometime sunday morning!

Sorry, but this change in format makes no sense based on the original discussions. I am not at all an autograph guy. I have enough fun ones to fake my way through the odd auto category, but not enough to play in an autograph tourney. I would not waste a space in such a tourney. Please give my spot to someone else.

For anyone who may take the reigns on a tourney like the one originally discussed, please consider me interested (though I'd confirm that I'm a good fit before committing).

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Sorry, but this change in format makes no sense based on the original discussions. I am not at all an autograph guy. I have enough fun ones to fake my way through the odd auto category, but not enough to play in an autograph tourney. I would not waste a space in such a tourney. Please give my spot to someone else.

For anyone who may take the reigns on a tourney like the one originally discussed, please consider me interested (though I'd confirm that I'm a good fit before committing).

Sounds like a new format to try and get more people involved. I like the change and am looking forward to seeing what people submit. Looking forward to seeing your cards in a different round of the tourney.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
Rickey has no Bowman First Autograph, or any Bowman auto to speak of, so to me, this just wreaks of not understanding your audience. I already sent you 3 legit scans of the cards I was willing to share, and now I see a request for something that does not exist..Good idea, bad execution... pass it along

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
[MENTION=9874]mizzouboy[/MENTION] - It is extremely clear that many of us had not submitted scans to you as we had a lot of questions to start off with. It is very unfortunate that you blamed us for not submitting scans as this thread clearly shows what we were all trying to confirm.

Everyone interested so far, I will be working with other members to get a larger and more dedicate tournament with many choices to allow all of our collections to participate starting next week, so please stay tuned and if you have a chance to remain excited I will ensure we have something great to go with.

I do want to thank [MENTION=9874]mizzouboy[/MENTION] for a very wonderful idea, and there have been others trying to help keep this moving. In order to keep this engaged, I do feel a tighter ran Tournament with committed participants and tournament officials is indeed needed.

I'm eager to see what happens tomorrow, and again thank you Mizzouboy for attempting to start this off.

Last edited:

sierra79

Feb 15, 2016
Deland, Florida
I don't really have any Bowman First cards (at least any that are worthy of submission) as most of what I have collected over the years are HOF and Greg Maddux.

mizzouboy

Apr 24, 2013
[MENTION=9874]mizzouboy[/MENTION] - It is extremely clear that many of us had not submitted scans to you as we had a lot of questions to start off with. It is very unfortunate that you blamed us for not submitting scans as this thread clearly shows what we were all trying to confirm.

Everyone interested so far, I will be working with other members to get a larger and more dedicate tournament with many choices to allow all of our collections to participate starting next week, so please stay tuned and if you have a chance to remain excited I will ensure we have something great to go with.

I do want to thank [MENTION=9874]mizzouboy[/MENTION] for a very wonderful idea, and there have been others trying to help keep this moving. In order to keep this engaged, I do feel a tighter ran Tournament with committed participants and tournament officials is indeed needed.

I'm eager to see what happens tomorrow, and again thank you Mizzouboy for attempting to start this off.

This is actually not necessary, I do not want to start any fights on here. But, As of now, this idea is owner by MisterT and Co-Owned by me. I do feel a little bad that you have shut me down and are planning to steal my idea and make it "bigger and better". If you would of asked to help run this tournament, then I would be completely fine. MisterT sent me a message stating that he was interested, so I handed the reigns off to him. I don't believe you asked me if you could take my idea. So at this moment, I have only given permission to MisterT to use my idea. Like I said, I don't mean to say this in an a**hole way, but I want to get my point across. Thanks for understanding.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
This is actually not necessary, I do not want to start any fights on here. But, As of now, this idea is owner by MisterT and Co-Owned by me. I do feel a little bad that you have shut me down and are planning to steal my idea and make it "bigger and better". If you would of asked to help run this tournament, then I would be completely fine. MisterT sent me a message stating that he was interested, so I handed the reigns off to him. I don't believe you asked me if you could take my idea. So at this moment, I have only given permission to MisterT to use my idea. Like I said, I don't mean to say this in an a**hole way, but I want to get my point across. Thanks for understanding.

If you could re-read my post and take a chance to comprehend it, you would see that I am not starting anything and am leaving it up to the members who requested to.

There is still 100% lack of answering of any questions by you to any of us who wanted to participate in, and you still have not even attempted once to reply let alone comprehend what we were trying to clarify. Nobody, including myself, is stealing your idea. Many of us are wanting to be involved. I know that Mister T is taking reigns, he has reached out to many of us to ensure we all are still interested in participating. If you read, and comprehend, the other members posts above, you will see that they are ready to participate just as long as someone else is running it as you have lost both attention and confidence by the majority of those who originally signed up.

I'm sorry if that sounds harsh as I certainly do not intend to come across that way. I think Mister T stepping in will be fantastic. Again, nobody has stolen your idea, and if you take your time to comprehend (sorry for the redundancy) the posts in this thread you will have a chance to see that. Most of us have said our thanks and likes for your idea, as it simply seems to be just that as you haven't initiated any clarity to many questions.

It would be great if you would go back to our posts to clarify what many of us have asked, but that is up to you. And again as I stated in my last post that you did not comprehend, I am excited to see you start the first round tomorrow. Good luck and have fun!

Last edited:

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
"Stealing" someone's idea is akin to liking the same color as someone else ...

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008

Anyone can take the idea and run with it, you came up with it first, Thank you, now it's time to pass it off to someone else who knows what they are doing...

And fu$& first bowman, come on..

Good luck everyone and look forward to seeing a more improved version of this :)

Members online

No members online now.