Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Josh Hamilton movie director named. So who should play Hamilton?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Rocky Dennis

RockyDennis.jpg

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Way too old. He's what, 36? Most of the movie will take place w/ hamilton in his early 20's. Also, i dont think he has the chops for the role.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Hollywood has its ways of making people look young. It's no inconceivable Cole Hauser could do the job.

mjbuchanan80

May 16, 2011
Kansas City
What about the dude that plays Monroe in Revolution - David Lyons? Good actor, looks a little like JH.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Yeah its just like my opinion man.

I also dont think he has the talent to pull off a character with that depth. I'd rather see a younger actor like Nicholas Hoult in the role.

It's quite a coincidence that you said Hoult (I think someone else did in this thread as well). Before this thread was even started, I thought he might be a good candidate. But he's British and I didn't think many people knew him (apparently I'm wrong). He's a great actor.

I haven't seen many roles that Hauser has done in drama, outside of Good Will Hunting, that he could pull of the Hamilton role, but he's got the looks and that helps A LOT (see Barry Pepper and *61 - Roger Maris). Unless the story is completely character driven (like Bang the Drum Slowly), you don't need a GREAT actor for a baseball movie (c'mon Kevin Costner has been in three of them!!!). If it's based off a true baseball player, looks is more important that top-notch acting skills.

At the same time, I have confidence in both Afflecks now, so I trust Casey will find a palatable Josh Hamilton.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
What about the dude that plays Monroe in Revolution - David Lyons? Good actor, looks a little like JH.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Looks are there, but I've only seen him in one performance - Eat, Pray, Love - and I don't remember him at all. If he's a good actor, he could be perfect.

marterburn

It's quite a coincidence that you said Hoult (I think someone else did in this thread as well). Before this thread was even started, I thought he might be a good candidate. But he's British and I didn't think many people knew him (apparently I'm wrong). He's a great actor.

I haven't seen many roles that Hauser has done in drama, outside of Good Will Hunting, that he could pull of the Hamilton role, but he's got the looks and that helps A LOT (see Barry Pepper and *61 - Roger Maris). Unless the story is completely character driven (like Bang the Drum Slowly), you don't need a GREAT actor for a baseball movie (c'mon Kevin Costner has been in three of them!!!). If it's based off a true baseball player, looks is more important that top-notch acting skills.

At the same time, I have confidence in both Afflecks now, so I trust Casey will find a palatable Josh Hamilton.

It was me that mentioned hoult before. He has done an American accent, in X-Men, so thats probably not an obstacle. Anyhow, thats just one guy for Mr. Affleck and/or casting directors to ponder.

I just remember Hauser from K-Town and how terrible he was in it. Could've been the scripts too, though.

I'm thinking this movie won't center around baseball too much, but it'll be more like raging bull where the movie's more about the guy's life. If that's the case, then an actor with a broader skill set would be in order.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Regradless of the fact that I think it would be a good choice, Chris Hemsworth WILL be cast in this role, unless he dies before then and now.

He marginally looks like him, can act well enough, is the right build, the right amount of famous and cache, and stuidos are putting him in EVERYTHING.

So, 11 November, 2012; remember that I said Chris Hemsworth (possibly his brother Liam...)

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Regradless of the fact that I think it would be a good choice, Chris Hemsworth WILL be cast in this role, unless he dies before then and now.

He marginally looks like him, can act well enough, is the right build, the right amount of famous and cache, and stuidos are putting him in EVERYTHING.

So, 11 November, 2012; remember that I said Chris Hemsworth (possibly his brother Liam...)

I don't want Hemsworth....either one....BUT, I see it happening. PLEASE, if it happens, make sure it's a HEMSWORTH, before any CHANNING or TATUM

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
You know who be good, except for the look and age (and it's not that far off) would be Christian Bale. He'd destroy his body and commit 100% method for the role (see:"The Machinist").

Members online

Latest posts