Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Milestone: over 3,500 different Gwynns!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
For the first time ever, I bought some cards from Sportlots...
I found one dealer that had 44 cards I needed (almost all pre-2000). He was selling at a great price, and a bonus to find that many from one guy! Nothing even scan worthy, a lot of old Topps stickers, Panini, many random base cards, pacific minor inserts, etc...

(some I know I already have, but not with all of my Gwynn stuff. I figured for .35 per, it's easier to buy a new one than to hunt through hundreds of boxes!)

Still a ways to go, but it's nice to find so many at once.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Congrats on the 3500 mark!

Sportlots is great, I should do the same thing and knock a few easy ones off my list.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Nice!I am trying for 2500 different for Bags by the end of the year.

It can be hard once you reach a certain point.Just be glad you're still needing base and whatnot.It seems everything I still need is either gu, 1/1, or parallels and inserts.

Great job and keep it up!

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Fantastic! Great work... that's always a highlight to find some stuff to cross off the list like that.

mmorgan

Aug 11, 2008
CT
Matt,
Congratulations on the 3500 mark, truly amazing. I can only wish I could reach a number like that!

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Thanks guys for the comments! I remember not too long ago I was contemplating stopping at 3141 different cards (in honor of his career hits) but it was impossible to stop! Having too much fun!

I wonder if FANDREW has passed me yet? He was only 20 cards behind late last year! THat's pretty amazing for a player that started 12 years after mine!