Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

It's time for Joe Girardi to be fired

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I'm still waiting for the Mariners to get to the playoffs.. they haven't been there since 2001 when they won 116 games and lost in the first round..

They still haven't sniffed the world series in 40 years of existence..

So I'm enjoying these Yankee Whiners trying to blame excuses on the manager for the team failing to do their job!

Jjoey52

Feb 12, 2017
What was up with that espn.com headline article on Yanks/Girard this morning? Very opinionated and like something out of Huffington Post. Not even a Yankees fan per se.

My dislike of him stems from mouthy remarks he made as a player rep in strike of 1994.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I don't think the result of this series should matter for him to be fired, only his performance. (the Indians were going to win anyway) Eventually the volume of errors he makes can't be swept under the rug.

MGiuseffi

Aug 22, 2008
I would give my pinky toe to see Donnie Baseball manage the Yanks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I'm still waiting for the Mariners to get to the playoffs.. they haven't been there since 2001 when they won 116 games and lost in the first round..

They still haven't sniffed the world series in 40 years of existence..

So I'm enjoying these Yankee Whiners trying to blame excuses on the manager for the team failing to do their job!

Who beat them?

https://youtu.be/lpyFz8oTlnk

Last edited:

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
This isn't about "sniveling". This is about holding someone accountable for a piss poor baseball decision. Girardi alienated himself by not owning up to his mishap. It took his own players to blast him publicly before he issued a mea culpa.

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
Did the pitchers own up to pitching up a beachball?
Fans only ***** when things don't go their way...when a coach/manager makes a good decision that may not line up with the fan's choice, we never hear about that...fans are always right...coaches and managers are only right when the fan wants them to be...of course fans always think they are right, and will battle to the end that they are...but if the fans were always right, they'd be managers/coaches...they'd rather be armchair quraterbacks and tell the world how great they would do in those situations...it's reality unfortunately...

Sent from my LG-US996 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Fans only ***** when things don't go their way...when a coach/manager makes a good decision that may not line up with the fan's choice, we never hear about that...fans are always right...coaches and managers are only right when the fan wants them to be...of course fans always think they are right, and will battle to the end that they are...but if the fans were always right, they'd be managers/coaches...they'd rather be armchair quraterbacks and tell the world how great they would do in those situations...it's reality unfortunately...

I'd agree with this for the most part. Things happen a lot faster on the field than on TV with a dozen replays. Whether the Sox win another game or not I hope Farrell is back next year. Likewise I think the Yanks are better off with girardi than whoever would replace him. Do the sabermetricians have managerial WAR yet?? mWAR

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.

Sadly, you're incorrect here. Girardi had 2 challenges to burn with a 5 run lead. Why not waste one in a potential bases loaded situation with Lindor of all people coming up? Girardi said it himself that he placed the opinion of Weber, an instant replay guy over his own catcher because he's been about 75 percent correct all year on challenges. Fans aren't always right and I'm a bigger fan of baseball in general. I don't give a rats tail who the manager is. You challenge in that scenario whether you're Girardi or a first year skip. Stop being biased and making false generalizations.

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
Sadly, you're incorrect here. Girardi had 2 challenges to burn with a 5 run lead. Why not waste one in a potential bases loaded situation with Lindor of all people coming up? Girardi said it himself that he placed the opinion of Weber, an instant replay guy over his own catcher because he's been about 75 percent correct all year on challenges. Fans aren't always right and I'm a bigger fan of baseball in general. I don't give a rats tail who the manager is. You challenge in that scenario whether you're Girardi or a first year skip. Stop being biased and making false generalizations.
Yip...you got me...silly me...my apologies for offending you...

Members online

Latest posts