Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

-Go Blue- The Official Dodgers Thread(All things Dodgers)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Never getting sick of this lately!

congratulation handshakes with

(music on)
Rollin' down the Imperial Highway
With a big nasty redhead at my side
Santa Ana winds blowin' hot from the north
And we as born to ride
(music off)

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I am still just in awe of what they are accomplishing and how they are doing it. It is not like they are just going out and putting 10 runs on the board every night. They are going out and most times losing until late. Then they just keep coming back night after night. Very exciting to watch!!

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Thursday was difficult - with the Dodgers playing so well, I couldn't get my fix of watching the game since they had the day off. Good for the players, not good for the excited fans who are enjoying their hot streak!

At least they are back in action Friday (and earlier, too!, since it's on the east coast).

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Baseball is so much fun right now... This Kershaw kid might just stick!!

He's playing on an entirely different level right now. ERA of 1.80 and that's while leading the league in IP. Has the lowest ERA in baseball since Pedro in 2000 (assuming he can maintain it going forward) is giving up less than 6 hits per 9 (on pace to lead the league for the 4th time in 5 years) and is on his way to his 3rd consecutive ERA title.

bigbov

Jun 26, 2012
Minoa, NY
He's playing on an entirely different level right now. ERA of 1.80 and that's while leading the league in IP. Has the lowest ERA in baseball since Pedro in 2000 (assuming he can maintain it going forward) is giving up less than 6 hits per 9 (on pace to lead the league for the 4th time in 5 years) and is on his way to his 3rd consecutive ERA title.

His contract this off-season is going to be nuts!! Worth every penny. He's been my favorite player since making his debut in '08. It's awesome that someone can be this great on and off the field. It's even better that he pitches for the Dodgers!!!!

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
can't win them all. At least I'd rather keep HanRam's bat in the lineup for the fact that he rarely has a bad day like today in the field and having his bat more than makes up for his rare bad day in the field.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
It's even more unbelievable when you realize that Kershaw is only 25 years old! He may not even be in his prime yet. Just mind-boggling how good he is. And he's so poised and down to earth in interviews.
It's a shame he doesn't always get run support. He'd win 25 games every year and have numbers like Koufax.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Man-child gets benched today and comes off the bench for a homerun. Have not seen the replay yet but read that it bounced off the top of the outfield wall. One more tick mark in the win column to keep the lead at 7.5 over AzDb. Go Blue!

oddballer

Aug 17, 2013
Call me naive but Kershaw has all the traits to be THE greatest pitcher ever.

I think it came from the MSTI blog (which I rarely frequent anymore), but I have never stopped calling him THE MINOTAUR!

He is on the verge of usurping Orel and Gibson as my favorite Dodgers ever (I was an 80s child!).

"Kershaw starts today?" (puts on Kershaw jersey)

"That'll be 8 innings and 2 runs or less."

The thing he does is ... like no pitcher I have watched in my lifetime. Whereas in Pedro's peak, he was overpowering, filthy, dominant. And Maddux was slick, masterful, inside-outside. Or Clemens just chewed you up with fastballs and sinkers up-and-down-in-and-out.

Kershaw seems to pitch with such relative ease. His heater doesn't blow you away. 93 is not 98. But he makes 93 "look" like 98. He keeps guys so off-balance it is uncanny. He does not seem to be a candidate for arm trouble, as he is still growing into his man-child body. He will get thicker and stronger, and possibly bump an MPH onto his heater the way an NFL quarterback tends to do in his mid-late 20s.

He's no Koufax (let's not go there, lol) but he could be next best thing. Randy Johnson is really the only lefty of the last 30 years to be in that category. And Steve Carlton before that. CC Sabathia was always consistent, but never truly great (outside of that amazing run with the Brewers).

OK. I am done :)

p.s. I am not forgetting Glavine, but even at Glavine's peak he was not on Kershaw's level. I could be forgetting someone important ... which tends to happens when I start naming names.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Call me naive but Kershaw has all the traits to be THE greatest pitcher ever.
Can't argue with this, honestly. Kershaw is probably my favorite non-Red Sox player in baseball. Based on his talent, track record, and his age...he is going to be talked among with the greats.

With that said, I can't WAIT for the Dodgers/Sox series...who knows what the outcome will be but you can be sure it will be some great baseball. :D
Will Kershaw be pitching in the series?

Members online

Latest posts