Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Where do Kershaw's Chrome prices end up by the end of the season?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
For a couple of months I basically picked up as many Kershaw RC Auto's as I could find at near "market price." My thinking was that besides for likely winning his 2nd Cy Young in 3 years (he was 2nd last season) he had a shot at the MVP award, and as that got closer, discussions about the CY/MVP could really move prices. Thankfully his performance has continued to be insane and prices have jumped, and I am trying to figure out what the potential is going forward and would appreciate any thoughts.

Pros:
ERA under 2 (and on pace to win his 3rd consecutive ERA crown)
Seems like a lock for Cy Young and a decent shot at MVP
Dodgers are pretty much the talk of baseball and they are on their way to the Playoffs which should get him more press

Cons:
Kershaw only has 12 wins (which may impact MVP voters... when Verlander won he had 24)
Prices have already jumped and base Chrome's are now in the $100 range, which is often hard for pitchers to surpass

A part of me believes if he can maintain it and either the Dodgers do well in the Playoffs and/or he wins MVP, we could be looking at today's rpices and laughing at how cheap they are. Still, there's another part of me that wonders whether prices will be able to push much farther forward (especially if he falls off even a little bit).

Thoughts?

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
Needs more ESPN hype, which will be hard to get because football season is here

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Needs more ESPN hype, which will be hard to get because football season is here

Yo don't think that October baseball along with Cy Young/MVP discussions will get him that hype? You could definitely be right but so far it seems like the perfect storm is brewing for him to get serious attention.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
He'll get talked about, especially if he has a few great games in the playoffs, but not that 2nd coming of Jesus hype that they like to throw at guys like Tebow. Plus they won't give as much air time to baseball stories.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
He is def creeping up right now. Im not sure he will get to where Verlander did but I expect solid gains. He is on an epic run. More wins would be sexy but that era and whip are really impressive. As good as Harvey has been Kershaw has been the cream of the crop.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
He is def creeping up right now. Im not sure he will get to where Verlander did but I expect solid gains. He is on an epic run. More wins would be sexy but that era and whip are really impressive. As good as Harvey has been Kershaw has been the cream of the crop.

As a Dodgers fan, I approve the above post. And even if I wasn't a Dodgers fan I would still have to approve. You speak the Truth.

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut
Think I paid $65 combined for these a few years ago.

scan0015.jpg

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
If the Dodgers make the World Series the sky is the limit. There are a lot of Dodger fans out there that will want a Kershaw BC auto.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
I think they could still go up quite a bit. Especially if he wins the Cy Young and goes on a tear during the post season.

Members online