Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

-Go Blue- The Official Dodgers Thread(All things Dodgers)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Awesome Dodgers news!
Today Vin Scully announced he's returning next year for his 65th season as announcer.
I can't imagine watching Dodgers games without him and I hope he lives to be healthy until he's 120 years old.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Wowzers! Dodgers 10.5 game division lead is the largest divisional lead for the club since 1977!

Also, LAD tied with PIT for 2nd best record in MLB (both behind ATL by 1GB if my quick calculations are correct)...

and, the Giants are now 20 GB with their loss friday night!

Hope the Dodgers can sink the Giants to 30+GB by the end of the season!

EDIT: Kevin Kennedy on Dodgertalk in the last day or two also had my favorite quote -- it was something like "I've said a few months ago that the Dodgers would have to start playing .650 or .750 ball in order to make the playoffs. Well, I was wrong. They are playing .850 ball."

Last edited:

bigbov

Jun 26, 2012
Minoa, NY
Kershaw back to getting no run support.

Last couple of starts he's been all over the place in the early innings... and he has grinded through like an ace!! Would've been nice to get a couple off Wood tonight. Seemed as though every pitch was stressful w/ nobody hitting.

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
A nice rout of the Padres tonight! Puig gets 4 hits, Agon with 2 HRs, AJ Ellis with an HR back to back with Agon's 2nd...Ryu with a double and a solid outing. I was at Coors Field watching the Reds / Rockies but listening to the game on mlb at bat. The boys will be here in Denver for 3 starting monday and I'll be at all 3 games :) A good way to start the holiday weekend.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
with the rout of the Padres in game 1 of the series and Dbacks loss Friday, Dodgers magic number is.....

19!!!!!!!

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Dodgers magic number is.....

In other news (and as first reported here), we picked up Michael Young today. I like where this club seems to be going.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
In other news (and as first reported here), we picked up Michael Young today. I like where this club seems to be going.

hate it. Screwing up the chemistry of a team that is rock and rolling. Upgrade at 3B but will that make the Dodgers any better overall???

have to go listen to DodgerTalk podcast and see how Kevin Kennedy feels about it (assuming the news came in time to be covered on DodgerTalk tonight).

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
How' Uribe's defence been? Young was a statue at 3rd during the 2010 World Series.

Looking at the numbers, while Young has more theoretical upside (based on past performance) it seems that Uribe's been a slightly better offensive player than him this year (and this half).

Uribe: .271/.328/.397, OPS+ 104
2nd half: .273/.305/.372

Young: .276/.336/.395, OPS+ 101
2nd half: .244/.315/.348

bigbov

Jun 26, 2012
Minoa, NY
hate it. Screwing up the chemistry of a team that is rock and rolling. Upgrade at 3B but will that make the Dodgers any better overall???

have to go listen to DodgerTalk podcast and see how Kevin Kennedy feels about it (assuming the news came in time to be covered on DodgerTalk tonight).

How' Uribe's defence been? Young was a statue at 3rd during the 2010 World Series.

Looking at the numbers, while Young has more theoretical upside (based on past performance) it seems that Uribe's been a slightly better offensive player than him this year (and this half).

Uribe: .271/.328/.397, OPS+ 104
2nd half: .273/.305/.372

Young: .276/.336/.395, OPS+ 101
2nd half: .244/.315/.348

I didn't think it was an upgrade really...love the way Uribe has played this year. Defensively Uribe has been amazing. From what I read it is about depth and the fact Young can play 1b, 2b, & 3b. I don't think it will screw up chemistry (god I hope not!!).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts