Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

-Go Blue- The Official Dodgers Thread(All things Dodgers)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
If you Dodger fans ever wondered why in 2010 the word "Torture" was used by so many Giants fans, it's because of Brian Wilson threatening to do stuff like this.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
If you Dodger fans ever wondered why in 2010 the word "Torture" was used by so many Giants fans, it's because of Brian Wilson threatening to do stuff like this.

what am I missing? Looked at the highlights and it didn't seem like he was trying to throw away the game. Every pitcher has a bad day occasionally - see Mariano Rivera 2013.

wlalocal71

Aug 7, 2008
SoCal
we have options for the pen...i think mattingly is testing marmol and wilson to see if they will be on the ps roster. otherwise, he could go with Belisario, Withrow, Howell, Jansen, Paco, League, and Nolasco/Ryu. Cap could be in the bp mix as well...

Dmscards

Apr 2, 2013
Los Angeles
we have options for the pen...i think mattingly is testing marmol and wilson to see if they will be on the ps roster. otherwise, he could go with Belisario, Withrow, Howell, Jansen, Paco, League, and Nolasco/Ryu. Cap could be in the bp mix as well...

Why Ryu?

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
well, despite the dodgers recent struggles....

The Dodgers magic number is...

should be a fun arizona series - not only can Dodger wins rapidly reduce the magic number, but I think it will be a chippy series because of their brawl earlier in the season and the fact the
Dbacks and dodgers play 7 times in the next 12 games so they'll start getting sick of each other.

Dodgers won't be able to clinch in the 3G series with ARI (magic number too big) but the giants can be eliminated with the next LAD win or SFG loss and it's likely the Dodgers can clinch at home in the SFG series later in the week so clinch the division against their rivals.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Bye Bye Colorado and San Francisco - eliminated from the division race.

Dodgers win over Dbacks means...

Dodgers magic number for division title is....

tied with ATL for lowest magic number in MLB for division title. 2GB of ATL for best record in NL.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Thanks SVS! (didn't get to see it live because the dbacks are the opponent, I get blacked out of the game on my out-of-market MLB package even though FS Arizona is not my in-market RSN)...

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
LOL!!!

1231528_162830597244033_30133018_n.jpg

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Good to have the Giants as the opponent - game back in my OOM package albeit I hate it when the Dodgers walkoff win and "I LOVE L.A." gets cut off by the end of the telecast.

p.s. Padres knocked out of division race yesterday.

bigbov

Jun 26, 2012
Minoa, NY
Down to 2 now!! I just read that Kershaw is being pushed back to Sat for extra rest. Fife tomorrow for the division!!! Go Blue.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Down to 2 now!! I just read that Kershaw is being pushed back to Sat for extra rest. Fife tomorrow for the division!!! Go Blue.

Glad to see this move for Kershaw. He looked tired in his last start. This way he gets three extra days rest and faces the Padres and Rockies instead of the DBacks and Giants. Cue the Cy Young conspiracy theorists...

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
And that's a wrap - Dodgers magic number for division title is....

#blueoctober

Unfortunately tied for 3rd best record in NL so the Dodgers are going to have to do a lot of winning away from Dodger Stadium if they are going to make a deep run in the playoffs.

I don't anticipate Dodgers getting best record in NL because they'll have to rest HanRam so he's healthy for the playoffs and the Dodgers have shown lately they can't seem to win on a regular basis without HanRam. Dodgers will also have to rest some starters like Kershaw just to make sure they get a second wind for the playoffs but more importantly to get them synced for the playoffs (so Kershaw's start on fairly normal rest coming out of the regular season will be synced to fall on NLDS Game 1 day).

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Ugh. Potentially bad news for Andre Ethier. Well at least Kemp is healthy for the playoffs.

ESPN -- SAN FRANCISCO -- After experiencing a setback in his return from a sprained left ankle, Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Andre Ethier's availability for the postseason is now in question.

Ethier had to cut short his base running workout at AT&T Park Tuesday after experiencing soreness.

"It's frustrating to be where we're at right now, but we still have time," Ethier said. "Not a lot of time."

Ethier has been out since Sept. 13 with the injury, though he had a pinch-hitting at-bat Sunday in which he struck out.
The Dodgers were fortunate that Matt Kemp returned from a lengthy stint on the disabled list just three days after Ethier was hurt.
Kemp has once again taken over center field, batting .300 in the 20 at-bats since he returned.

The Dodgers originally hoped Ethier would be in Tuesday's starting lineup.
Now, they're targeting the regular season's final series, this weekend against the Colorado Rockies, to get Ethier back on the field.

"He's gotten a lot better, but it has been 11 days," Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said. "I'm optimistic and hopeful, but ... we'll see."

Members online