Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My running National thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Most of the dealers I saw would only speak to you if you spoke to them. Sure they were helpful if you asked them a question but only at a small handful of dealer tables was I welcomed or had someone say something to me when I walked by. There certainly was less "you are bothering me" dealers so they are changing but when will this hobby realize that customer service will help win customers.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
My thoughts and sightings from 6+ miles traversed today (walked the entire floor probably 3 times over):

- As expected, if your a Player Collector, finding stuff of your guy in the room is difficult, and finding stuff you need basically impossible. My eagle eye was able to spot about 6 RJ autos total, only 2 I didn't have but were parallels of ones I had and wasn't interested in. Makes you appreciate eBay a tad more.

- Vintage is king at this show, if that's your trade this show must blow your mind.

- It is nice having all the major wax players basically in the same vicinity, you could pretty easily price compare with ease. Looking at '15 Finest boxes, Blowout was $99, another was $94, another $92 and the winner was $90. All booths basically side by side.

- People love digging thru bargain boxes more than I would have imagined, albeit I don't get to many shows. I sifted thru boxes marked 'Diamondbacks' or rows of 'Randy Johnson', but to set up camp and sift thru $1 commons looking for whatever is pretty dedicated.

- Found Kennesaw Cards (after 20 minutes trying to figure out where table 947 was) who posted in the '98Tek he had 2-300 patterns. No RJs, no Venturas and @MansGame needed Belle 2 & 8 but the 4 patterns in the box missed. Most the cards were Derek Bell and Ken Caminiti.
20150731_110305.jpg

- I forget their name, but they're one of the big guys next to Blowout, and they have a '98 Tek sealed box for $400 on the shelf. Pass.

- Didn't see anyone with 'junk wax' from the early 2000s or much of anything pre-2008. A few guys had 93 & 94 SP boxes, that was about it for that realm.

- Agree on there being a good infusion of youth, boys of varying ages and even some girls.

- Too many dealers have glass cases with mixed sports, keep your baseball and football better separated guys.

- Not a big wax guy, but this is the time to open packs if there every was one. My goal was to find boxes of '14 Finest (hoping to get uber lucky & hit the RJ FG superfractor) and after hitting up all the big boys & coming up dry, I happened to find the only guy in the room that had it and snagged all 8 boxes for $85 a pop ('15 was $90-$99 so I was satisified). Hit a Steve Carlton FG auto in the first box. Other big hit was a MaddyBum Atomic Refractor /5.
20150731_194635.jpg

- Bought 4 boxes of '15 Museum and pulled a Mussina Logoman (great centering Topps...), a Kershaw silver /25, and a Yount Gold Frame Auto redemption.
20150731_120023.jpg

Tomorrow I get this bad boy signed at noon. Made it myself
20150731_203844.jpgo

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
My thoughts and sightings from 6+ miles traversed today (walked the entire floor probably 3 times over):

- As expected, if your a Player Collector, finding stuff of your guy in the room is difficult, and finding stuff you need basically impossible. My eagle eye was able to spot about 6 RJ autos total, only 2 I didn't have but were parallels of ones I had and wasn't interested in. Makes you appreciate eBay a tad more.

- Vintage is king at this show, if that's your trade this show must blow your mind.

- It is nice having all the major wax players basically in the same vicinity, you could pretty easily price compare with ease. Looking at '15 Finest boxes, Blowout was $99, another was $94, another $92 and the winner was $90. All booths basically side by side.

- People love digging thru bargain boxes more than I would have imagined, albeit I don't get to many shows. I sifted thru boxes marked 'Diamondbacks' or rows of 'Randy Johnson', but to set up camp and sift thru $1 commons looking for whatever is pretty dedicated.

- Found Kennesaw Cards (after 20 minutes trying to figure out where table 947 was) who posted in the '98Tek he had 2-300 patterns. No RJs, no Venturas and @MansGame needed Belle 2 & 8 but the 4 patterns in the box missed. Most the cards were Derek Bell and Ken Caminiti.
View attachment 53224

- I forget their name, but they're one of the big guys next to Blowout, and they have a '98 Tek sealed box for $400 on the shelf. Pass.

- Didn't see anyone with 'junk wax' from the early 2000s or much of anything pre-2008. A few guys had 93 & 94 SP boxes, that was about it for that realm.

- Agree on there being a good infusion of youth, boys of varying ages and even some girls.

- Too many dealers have glass cases with mixed sports, keep your baseball and football better separated guys.

- Not a big wax guy, but this is the time to open packs if there every was one. My goal was to find boxes of '14 Finest (hoping to get uber lucky & hit the RJ FG superfractor) and after hitting up all the big boys & coming up dry, I happened to find the only guy in the room that had it and snagged all 8 boxes for $85 a pop ('15 was $90-$99 so I was satisified). Hit a Steve Carlton FG auto in the first box. Other big hit was a MaddyBum Atomic Refractor /5.
View attachment 53218

- Bought 4 boxes of '15 Museum and pulled a Mussina Logoman (great centering Topps...), a Kershaw silver /25, and a Yount Gold Frame Auto redemption.
View attachment 53217

View attachment 53225o

Sweet , looks like your having fun. Hope the RJ turns out nice. Any plans to move the Mussina ?

Ryan

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
I will have to post some pictures here as well you missed some awesome cut Auto's of Babe Ruth and others one guy had a collection of cut Auto's

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana

View attachment 53224

View attachment 53218

View attachment 53217

View attachment 53225o

After walking the show floor for 16 hours I would have to say this is spot on.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
2 of my favorites this guy had a lot of cut Autos I think if I remember right he is asking 20k for the 7 cut auto card. Anyone see the Bruce Lee Cut Auto that will be put in a box that guy is selling it was just sick. Also the Better card with all there Autos not that I cared for them but I heard it was a impossible card to find or make.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Attachments

• 1438406762168.jpg
    1438406762168.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 74
  • 1438406783242.jpg
    1438406783242.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 74

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Just looked it was 6 Autos but still a crazy card.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah I can't pay for those prices on a old wax box I could have sworn seeing a 1986-87 Fleer box sell on ebay for $3400.00 and I seen a few here wanting like 30k. I feel the wax boxes are way over priced here.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Jesus , that's crazy. Does the same person have them all? I'm surprised at the amount that are available there. What sets are they from. I hope your successful.

Ryan

Yes the same guy has all of that! The barrels are from 2003 aND 2005 leaf limited, knob is triple threads, buttons are leaf limited and absolute memerobilia

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Good luck on finishing the PMG Jordan sale it's looking like a $100,000.00 card.