Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage and hall of fame patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
4500 is a absolute steal. Ted Williams MLB jerseys bring over 50k. Considering how rare and important of a time frame this jersey came from its incredibly cheap

Now I'm really confused. I bid $4500 in the online advance bidding, so not sure how someone else at the auction won it at that price...

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Ummm... have you logged in to check the status? You may have won and it may be in the process of verification.

It has me as the second highest bidder. The person on the floor bid $4000 and my bid was bumped to $4250. Then the person on the floor bid $4500 and apparently their bid was accepted and because mine was not higher, it did not give me the bid. Really not happy about that. Don't know that the other guy wouldn't have bid higher, but still hard to understand.

Last edited:

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Excited about this pick-up but there's an issue. Was supposed to be in "great" shape... thoughts? (Look at the bottom edge on the back) Ridiculously, much of the "patch" is covered by the card (it can be seen holding the card at an angle.)

20914979306_f111774e66_b.jpg

20753160430_087f352c8d_b.jpg

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Excited about this pick-up but there's an issue. Was supposed to be in "great" shape... thoughts? (Look at the bottom edge on the back) Ridiculously, much of the "patch" is covered by the card (it can be seen holding the card at an angle.)

20914979306_f111774e66_b.jpg

20753160430_087f352c8d_b.jpg

Regardless of the damage it's still an epic, epic card!

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
It has me as the second highest bidder. The person on the floor bid $4000 and my bid was bumped to $4250. Then the person on the floor bid $4500 and apparently their bid was accepted and because mine was not higher, it did not give me the bid. Really not happy about that. Don't know that the other guy wouldn't have bid higher, but still hard to understand.

That is very confusing? Sorry you didn't get it if you had the same bid first. That doesn't make sense.

Nice pick-up on the ruth :)

If you aren't happy with the condition of the card I'm sure the seller would accept a return because he would be able to sell the card again. However if it's me I would keep it and just live with the condition flaw. Ruth prime pieces are not easy to come by. It would no doubt pass me off if he lied about the condition though.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Here is one of the current projects I'm working on. Trying to get all 5 bill dickey jumbo patch book cards from 2014 national treasures. This bill dickey patches are just amazing :) I was told that the 5th patch was sold on eBay sometime last January or February. I would very much appreciate any help or suggestions on landing the 5th cArd. If I am not able to fins the missing card I think I can at least say I don't plan on buying another bill dickey patch card ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    376.8 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    345.7 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 25

A_Pharis

Here is one of the current projects I'm working on. Trying to get all 5 bill dickey jumbo patch book cards from 2014 national treasures. This bill dickey patches are just amazing :) I was told that the 5th patch was sold on eBay sometime last January or February. I would very much appreciate any help or suggestions on landing the 5th cArd. If I am not able to fins the missing card I think I can at least say I don't plan on buying another bill dickey patch card ;)

You just hate me, don't you?
Beautiful stuff.

Members online

Latest posts