Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew Aug/ trade day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Yeah they got great returns off that, probably because it was the first one released in a while... it was decent as long as you don't mind the PG traps.

Dude, one of my favorite things to do when I was in high school/early college years was invite my friends over for movie night and force them to watch "one of my movies". It got to the point where it was like, "whatever you do, don't let him turn on one of his movies". My favorite part was watching their reactions to one of the many brutal torture scenes and just laughing my a$s off when they'd make that facial expression that was kinda like somewhere in between being caught ************ by your sister and when you have explosive diarrhea but you have to try and limit how much you let out in between flushing so it doesn't clog the toilet, then saying stuff like "WTF is wrong with you man?". Needless to say, movie night at my place wasn't a huge hit with the ladies, except for this goth chick Sara Zane, who literally changed her last name to Zane because she was the biggest Billy Zane fan in the world (yeah, I dunno either...) who got real horny and would jump my member whenever a body part was dismembered. Goth chicks were real ***** in bed but you'd never want to date one cuz you might just end up getting sacrificed during one of their fu*ked up witching hours or whatever bizarre $hit they are into.

My friends would ask me why I watched this sorta stuff and I never really had an explanation other than part of the thrill is just forcing yourself to watch every gory second of these torture scenes without flinching. Eventually you just get immune to it but I'd always be on the lookout for the next torture flick that might just make you flinch. Unfortunately these days there really aren't any good torture **** movies out there...it's just a sign of the times, people are too sensitive these days so nobody really makes the good $hit anymore. Sure, they still make bloody horror movies but the violence is just too unrealistic. Lots of blood but no gut wrenching rawness to it.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
My favorite part was watching their reactions to one of the many brutal torture scenes and just laughing my a$s off when they'd make that facial expression that was kinda like somewhere in between being caught ************ by your sister and when you have explosive diarrhea but you have to try and limit how much you let out in between flushing so it doesn't clog the toilet, then saying stuff like "WTF is wrong with you man?".

This would sum up my experiences 100% Very fun to watch peoples reactions.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Never saw human centipede, but I love the South Park episode human centipad...just terrific.
WHY WONT IT READ!?!?

That was a great episode, I might have seen it before the real movie.

It randomly starts out with a trucker taking a sht in the woods (running with toiletpaper) and this German dude looking at a picture of dogs "smelling" each other. When he sees the trucker go behind the trees he sneaks up with a rifle in his trenchcoat. I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a scary scene or a suspenseful one, but I was laughing my ass off already. :D

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Wassup gents. Just catching up on this thread after a couple days. Laughing kinda hard at some of these saw-related comments. You people are pigs. I mean that in the best possible way :)

I'm a psycho-gyne-funkologist, if anyone needed to know the academic term for what I do.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Laughing kinda hard at some of these saw-related comments. You people are pigs. I mean that in the best possible way :)

Saw....? Pigs......? :-o

Reminds me of perhaps the nastiest Saw trap, the Pig Vat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_QHJrI7DjU

If it were real it might be one of the most expensive traps to make, think how many damn servings of bacon that dude wasted! :|

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
So apparently Highler Swaggs died by getting ..........high. :eek:

Its ruled "accidental" which is the interesting part. Everyone knows mixing Alcohol and Oxy kills you. . . it is even written on the bottle in bold letters.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
So do you guys like the "so bad its funny" genre too? It kind of mirrors the torture genre we have been talking about, but a little different.

I know I've talked about Samurai Cop here many times before, that might be #1 in the genre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zaAsZ4wCh4

:26 :rolleyes:

I was a huge fan of that genre in high school. Troma movies were my absolute favorites...you're probably aware of the The Toxic Avenger trilogy series...Class of Nuke 'Em High, Tromeo & Juliet, Cannibal the Musical (Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park directed that one) and so forth. I don't think they ever produced a movie that had a budget above $500,000. They were terrible movies but so ridiculous that they were funny. I cruised E-Bay like a gay man at the Castro District for any VHS Troma movies I could find and buy 'em up.

I haven't seen Samurai Cop but I recall the name. Wasn't there like more than one of 'em made?

Wassup gents. Just catching up on this thread after a couple days. Laughing kinda hard at some of these saw-related comments. You people are pigs. I mean that in the best possible way :)

I'm a psycho-gyne-funkologist, if anyone needed to know the academic term for what I do.

So would it be safe to say that you prescribe the funk?

Well okay doc, give up the funk!

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
So apparently Highler Swaggs died by getting ..........high. :eek:

Its ruled "accidental" which is the interesting part. Everyone knows mixing Alcohol and Oxy kills you. . . it is even written on the bottle in bold letters.

Of course he did....whenever a young sports star, musician or celebrity dies from "unknown causes" or causes that haven't been released yet....just assume it was drugs. Jose Fernandez, Roy Halladay & yes Tyler Skaggs, from the very moment that I heard they died, without reading anything, my first thought was "drugs, obviously".

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
And it's always the pitchers....I guess they just have a wild side to them that position players don't. I mean, sure those guys are getting lit up too but them pitchers take it to such extremes.

Dock Ellis, anyone?

Stick to acid guys, that stuff won't kill you. Beware of those "FDA-approved" drugs, those things are the real killers.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I haven't seen Samurai Cop but I recall the name. Wasn't there like more than one of 'em made?

There was another made decades later but a different director plus they were purposely trying to recreate the badness so it was bland.... real "so bad that its funny" genre needs to be completely unaware of how shtty it is.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Of course he did....whenever a young sports star, musician or celebrity dies from "unknown causes" or causes that haven't been released yet....just assume it was drugs. Jose Fernandez, Roy Halladay & yes Tyler Skaggs, from the very moment that I heard they died, without reading anything, my first thought was "drugs, obviously".

Yep....Its one of those things that everyone knows its drugs, but if you mention he died of drugs tons of people will crawl out of the woodwork and get super offended at your correctness. From what I saw of Highler he wears big sombreros, looks like My Name Is Earl guy, and takes some selfies where he looks completely blasted. . . like half the pitchers. :|

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
So....pitching. If you step back and think about it, that is one hell of a way to make a living. Of course a good living, should you make it to the bigs, but still a strange occupation. And if you're toiling away in the minors, where a vast majority of ballplayers exist and never rise above, then lemme tell ya....drugs start to sound pretty good. Seriously. D2R I don't know your past, only the stories you've shared here, but can you grok what I'm talking about?

From my side, here's where I come down. I know myself pretty well, and regardless of whatever I've accomplished in my life so far, I know that 6 inches this side or that side, I'd have been out of the strike zone. Not even well enough to post on this message board. Not nearly enough to assemble the best Alomar card collection in the world. Ahem, cough, maybe I'm getting off track.

But you get my point. So for some 20-something kid - a rock star pitcher no less - to fall prey to drugs. Well, I get it. I don't mean to make light of it, but I do understand how it can happen. Rest in peace son. I mean that. But I also feel at a deep level how this happened, and I just get it. It does suck though, seriously, because from all accounts he was a good guy and people loved him.

Last edited:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
On a lighter note, three things:

1) Dock Ellis. Goddamnmenn! You all must have surely seen that classic youtube cartoon video about the time he threw his no hitter high on speed. Or whatever it was. It's legendary. If you don't know what I'm talking about, google it now. I will stake whatever limited street cred I may have garnered here on FCB over the past 4 years that you will love it. Pushing my chips all in. Google it, and do it now. If you love baseball, you will love that video.

2) Gyne funk mammary ology ism. Yeah that's me. Without the gyne and mammaries. Working on it though! Been out of the game for a few years, long story, but getting my semi-bad self back in there. But to be honest with you I am not in a position to dispense advice or give guidance. The force is not strong with this one. It was once, but needs time to become so again. As William Shatner said, "Has been implies failure? Not so. Has been is history. Has been was. Has been...might again."

3) Sheeitty Movies. So I haven't seen most of these crap piles. I just don't have the time, or the video hardware, to watch this. But I do have a computer and I had the good fortune to find the "best of the worst" podcast a year ago. And it's changed my life. I f'in love those idiots from Milwaukee and I religiously watch everything they put down on video. So that's how I know about all these garbage B- or C- movies. God bless you Mike, Jay, Rich, Josh, Jack, and friggin' Macaulay Culkin too. And that amazing super-keen red head Gillian who always keeps those other jagoffs on their toes. She is totally hard core and they need to invite her on more episodes to keep their egos at least somewhat in check...

Last edited:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Redlettermedia had a great interview with Samurai Cop, it will make you want to watch that movie for sure.

Someone else can have the honor of making Sept Night Crew thread. . . . right now! :)

Members online