Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jose Fernandez buy or sell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BallCard_Blog

Jan 24, 2013
A few months ago I pulled his auto out of a blaster of Bowman and thought he was some no-name prospect. Now he's a top-ten prospect. Lol.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I don't know if its necessarily a question of buy or sell, but rather hold. I'm not a prospect expert though so don't listen to me too much :lol:

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
And to think when 2011 Draft first came out, there were 2 redemptions: Bubba Starling and Jose Fernandez. Everybody was ticked off once they saw that they pulled Fernandez's redemption

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
I've got three autos available: two 2011 BS BSP au 9.5/10 and 1 LMD PP au 10/10

Blurb:

The Rise Of Jose Fernandez

The 2011 draft class was loaded with pitchers. While Diamondbacks righthander Trevor Bauer and the Orioles' Bundy deserve all the accolades they have received, no pitcher has skyrocketed up the prospect rankings quite like Marlins righthander Jose Fernandez.

The 14th overall pick in the draft a year ago, Fernandez has been overpowering this year. Before a recent promotion to high Class A Jupiter, Fernandez held down a 1.59 ERA in 79 innings in hitter-friendly low Class A Greensboro with 99 strikeouts and 18 walks. He doesn't turn 20 until July 31.

While he's not as good a prospect as Bundy, Fernandez may have been the most impressive pitcher at the Futures Game. He showed high-90s velocity (he touches that but sits lower as a starter) and a sharp breaking ball he used for a swinging strikeout against Rangers third baseman Mike Olt and then on a 3-2 pitch to get Athletics outfielder Michael Choice to swing through for his second whiff in a scoreless inning.

Scout after scout has come back buzzing after seeing Fernandez this year. Some even prefer Fernandez to Pirates righthander Gerrit Cole (the top overall pick a year ago) and Mariners lefthander Danny Hultzen (the second overall pick). It's high praise, but with his combination of electric stuff and the potential to rocket through Miami's farm system, it's well deserved.

Members online

Latest posts