Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

$1 AUTO BOX at card sale strikes once again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Here's a couple early Puck autos. The "K" is the clincher. Kirby's auto from early to before his death is surprisingly not very different, but there are some sloppy versions out there. He would sign and sign like crazy during Twinsfest back in the day, trying to squeeze in as many as he could, so some would come out pretty poor, but consistent with the K and P.

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
Here's a couple early Puck autos. The "K" is the clincher. Kirby's auto from early to before his death is surprisingly not very different, but there are some sloppy versions out there. He would sign and sign like crazy during Twinsfest back in the day, trying to squeeze in as many as he could, so some would come out pretty poor, but consistent with the K and P.

Just psa dna search on ebay, plenty of older sigs that don't match those K's and P's. Especially when a thicker marker/pen was used.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Based on the years of those nicer cards, I'd say that these are likely stolen. Who in their right mind would sell them for $1 when they could do much better on eBay for equally little effort? Nobody is buying cards now and not wanting to make as much money from their $120 box as possible. You know, unless one seller having these particular groups of cards would set off alarms with someone recently relieved of their collection and scanning eBay diligently for their missing stuff.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Based on the years of those nicer cards, I'd say that these are likely stolen. Who in their right mind would sell them for $1 when they could do much better on eBay for equally little effort? Nobody is buying cards now and not wanting to make as much money from their $120 box as possible. You know, unless one seller having these particular groups of cards would set off alarms with someone recently relieved of their collection and scanning eBay diligently for their missing stuff.

this guy is an older gentlemen who is very well known and respected and he sets up at all the shows. he has so much stuff I doubt he has the time to go through all his stuff as his main focus is vintage and set building. I always find deals in his $1 boxes at the shows & at his yard sales. his whole garage is like a card shop, actually he has more stuff than my local card shop. im 99.98% sure none of this stuff is stolen. He does it as a hobby I don't think hes too worried about $5 cards selling for $1. sure there are a few with sale values of $10+ but for the most part there in the $3-$5 range

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal

would you like his name & number to ask him where he stole them????

not sure why he puts some in the $1 box maybe to keep his customers coming back. he also has over 10,000 feedback on ebay as well

Last edited:

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
would you like his name & number to ask him where he stole them????

not sure why he puts some in the $1 box maybe to keep his customers coming back. he also has over 10,000 feedback on ebay as well

It was just a thought on a message board. I'd love his number but I fear he'd tell me he found them all in a burned out car in the desert.

Latest posts