Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New piece! John Olerud....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tim carroll

Feb 15, 2009
This commission was made from almost 9 hundred 1990 Upper Deck cards (with the help of about 5 1989 UD checklists). Piece measures around 22"x 30" framed.

image_zpse1e12b2a.jpg

Tim

tim carroll

Feb 15, 2009
Thanks, everyone!
That is awesome!

Can you share with us who commissioned the piece?

I'll ask if he minds me putting his complete identity out there, but his first name is David. He met me at the National last summer in Cleveland while I worked the UD booth. I'll post if he gives permission to use his full name. Thanks!

Tim

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
What would you charge for a similar piece of a 1989 UD Griffey RC, made entirely from 1989 UD cards? I think it'd be cool to have a larger piece, maybe 18x24

tim carroll

Feb 15, 2009
Thanks again to all!

What would you charge for a similar piece of a 1989 UD Griffey RC, made entirely from 1989 UD cards? I think it'd be cool to have a larger piece, maybe 18x24

I have actually already made the Griffey piece out of '89 UD (20" x 30"). It has been on tour with Upper Deck for the past year in celebration of the 25th anniversary of UD. It was also signed by Junior back in March of 2015.

Tim

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Thanks again to all!

I have actually already made the Griffey piece out of '89 UD (20" x 30"). It has been on tour with Upper Deck for the past year in celebration of the 25th anniversary of UD. It was also signed by Junior back in March of 2015.

Tim

Wanna do another one? LOL

tim carroll

Feb 15, 2009
I'm just curious how long the entire process takes. From designing, getting the cards, cutting and putting it all together. I can't believe the detail and how realistic it looks. Great job

Thanks! Most of them take in the 40-50 hour range. I have the card part down to minimal time (due to a system I have created and perfected over the past 6 years). This has helped me keep the time down while getting better at making the pieces look as close to the players as possible.

Tim

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Thanks! Most of them take in the 40-50 hour range. I have the card part down to minimal time (due to a system I have created and perfected over the past 6 years). This has helped me keep the time down while getting better at making the pieces look as close to the players as possible.

Tim

Amazing u have it down like that, keep up the great work!

Members online