Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Aroldis Chapman Traded to Cubs For Gleyber Torres/Billy McKinney/Adam Warren/Rashad Crawford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Sources: #Yankees telling clubs that they are close to trading Chapman and will hold Miller.

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman
Gleyber Torres, who's been scratched, was in offer to Yankees. Torres plus for chapman is on table. #cubs #yanks

(They must really have soured on Jorge Mateo.)

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
Sources: Aroldis Chapman to Cubs looking likelier. Multiple pieces from Cubs, including Gleyber Torres, are agreed upon. Still not done.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I wonder if this helps of hurts a Torres stash?

Seriously, dude?

HELPS!

1) For one thing, he would have a clearer path to the bigs now.
2) He's been traded to the biggest market of all, to the biggest fan base of all. All prospect values flourish 'round those parts.

Berkey33

Nov 8, 2014
Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
Sources: Aroldis Chapman to Cubs looking likelier. Multiple pieces from Cubs, including Gleyber Torres, are agreed upon. Still not done.

So Reds trade to Yanks for a bunch of ****. Yanks turn around and get (according to mlb.com) the #24 ranked overall SS who is 19 yrs old + more. GG Walt, GG.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Seriously, dude?

HELPS!

1) For one thing, he would have a clearer path to the bigs now.
2) He's been traded to the biggest market of all, to the biggest fan base of all. All prospect values flourish 'round those parts.

But now I think he's more likely to be traded again. I would much prefer he stay in that market, but it's still funny: who was the last major Yankee to POP from prospect status?

Flyers16

Aug 21, 2015
Ontario Canada
When was the last time (if ever) were the Yankees sellers at the trade deadline? I don't recall them trading away roster players for prospects as deadline deals.

Berkey33

Nov 8, 2014
Reds got Rookie Davis (#11 ranked in Reds terrible farm system) Eric Jagielo (#13 Reds farm) Tony Renda (not ranked) and Caleb Cotham who sucks.
Yanks get Gleyber Torres (#24 in all farms), Billy McKinney (#75 in all farms), Rashad Crawford (not ranked) and Adam Warren.

Good job Walt way to trade a guy when his stock was at the lowest it will ever be for a bunch of crap. When you gonna get fired for sucking? Come on man.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Too high a price for a rental, IMO. Nothing short of a WS title is worth this, whether or not Torres was blocked, and I just don't see them winning it all this year.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
So the Yankees basically traded a bunch of crappy non top 100 prospects (Rookie Davis, Eric Jagielo, Tony Renda & Caleb Cotham) for a couple elite top 100 prospects (Gleyber Torres, Billy McKinney) + Rashad Crawford, Adam Warren & half a season of Chapman.

Well done New York. Well done...

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
So the Yankees basically traded a bunch of crappy non top 100 prospects (Rookie Davis, Eric Jagielo, Tony Renda & Caleb Cotham) for a couple elite top 100 prospects (Gleyber Torres, Billy McKinney) + Rashad Crawford, Adam Warren & half a season of Chapman.

Well done New York. Well done...

No argument there. I'd say Torres is their new #1 prospect now, and McKinney somewhere at the back of the top 10.

Members online