Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What Happened in Baseball the Day You Were Born?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I'm a Spring Training baby....born a couple weeks too early in order to participate in this game.

Sorry about that, but us summer babies deserve something after missing out at all of the elementary school b-day parties the rest of the kids got.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I knew this without looking it up. My mother was in labor, and made pasta and sauce to last the next few days, then drove herself to the airport while Luis Tiant won game one of the 1975 World Series on 10/11/1975. I was technically born on 10/12/1975 and the Red Sox lost game 2 of the World Series. I have the newspaper from 10/12/1975 and it has a photo of Luis Tiant smoking a big Cuban cigar on the front page. I've met him a few times, and every time he was great, one of my all time favorites.

FYI: My mother and I are both Yankees fans, my father is a Red Sox fan. I got my brains from my mom.

Scott F

Cool story.

Members online

No members online now.