Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Thrift Store Thread - Sports Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I've decided to start buying up the vinyl that floats around in the stores. I found out today that my Goodwill dropped the price on vinyl from $.75 to 3-for-a-buck (which obviously equates to $.33 each). My plan is to list a big lot on craigslist after I've amassed a few. If push comes to shove, I can drive them on down to the CD store and dump them there.

Grabbed albums from:

Ted Nugent
Judy Lynn
Oak Ridge Boys
BeeGees
Thin Lizzy
Steve Miller Band

lambert58

Sep 29, 2008
Melbourne, FL
A few more recently picked up items
Transformers Potatohead.JPG Indiana Jones Potatohead.JPG
Transformer & Indiana Jones PotatoHeads
Camera Bag open.JPG ChirpyChi.JPG
35 Mill camara wiht lenses n bag Cool toy
Combat.JPG Combat 2.JPG
Size 32, 22oz- in nice shape too
Farside 1 and 2.JPG Farside.JPG
Super cool set of a classic
Kitty Techno.JPGCobi Ship instructions.JPG
Neat looking toy Like Legos
Pujols Watch 1.JPG Yankee Hat (1).JPG
Pujols Watch mint Hat size 7 7/8
Super Bowl Shirt.JPG Woodson Shirt.JPG
Super Bowl 2 sided Rod Woodson
Marino Bobblehead.JPG Rock Bobblehead.JPG
Marino Bobble The Rock Bobble

A_Pharis

[MENTION=2614]lambert58[/MENTION] - I love the Far Side collection! What are your plans for it?

As for me, I FINALLY found some things worth buying in the first booth I went into today:
Sid_Bream_Bobble.jpg

2012 Collectors Series Bobbleheads
"Sid Bream Slides"

Let's just say, if I sell them on eBay - I'll definitely get my money back.

lambert58

Sep 29, 2008
Melbourne, FL
@lambert58 - I love the Far Side collection! What are your plans for it?

As for me, I FINALLY found some things worth buying in the first booth I went into today:
View attachment 40935

2012 Collectors Series Bobbleheads
"Sid Bream Slides"

Let's just say, if I sell them on eBay - I'll definitely get my money back.

A buddy of mine is dying for one of those bobbles! Regarding the Far Side I'm not sure yet. I never seen them before & they go for decent money I now see, but I paid so little I may just keep them. They are pretty cool.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Picked up around 15 baseball related books for like $5. Gonna keep me busy for a while.

Also found Beckett Football Issue #1 from the early 80s. Open to trades/swaps if anyone was looking for one.

A_Pharis

A buddy of mine is dying for one of those bobbles! Regarding the Far Side I'm not sure yet. I never seen them before & they go for decent money I now see, but I paid so little I may just keep them. They are pretty cool.

Yeah, I looked up the Far Side, and they are doing really well! Tell your buddy to look me up on eBay - louisianafan. Or we can work something out here. Just PM me with what he's looking to spend.

lambert58

Sep 29, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Yeah, I looked up the Far Side, and they are doing really well! Tell your buddy to look me up on eBay - louisianafan. Or we can work something out here. Just PM me with what he's looking to spend.

Ok I will ask if he is still interested, Thanks!

Today's find
Urlacher Jersey.JPGSponge Patrick Watch.JPG
Size XL Patrick Watch in sealed tin w/plastic wrap

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I found one of these while out and about last week. They only go for about $3 on eBay, so I didn't buy it, but it was an interesting toy. Basically an Etch-a-Sketch with a domed top, and a single joystick instead of the two knobs. Looks like it originally came with stencils too. Pretty cool.

tumblr_l4236bEfWE1qb3mmfo1_500.jpg

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I found one of these while out and about last week. They only go for about $3 on eBay, so I didn't buy it, but it was an interesting toy. Basically an Etch-a-Sketch with a domed top, and a single joystick instead of the two knobs. Looks like it originally came with stencils too. Pretty cool.

tumblr_l4236bEfWE1qb3mmfo1_500.jpg

You still have that raiders bowling ball you were holding for me?

Members online

Latest posts