Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My new PC pickup - CRAZY logo patches and a possible jersey auction match!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
That's awesome! So by your research of that Satchel jersey back in '04...since you believe those other sets have used pieces from that same jersey, have you been able to follow the print runs to get an idea of how many pieces have come from 1 jersey? With the type of research you have done on a player who doesn't have jersey pieces in very many products, it might actually be possible to get a fairly close estimate here.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Wow! That's awesome!

Thanks Will, and you would definitely know awesome when you see it with the amazing pickups you keep getting!

Nice card and nice research !

Ryan

Thanks Ryan! The research is part of the fun, and even better if/when the card companies help out.

Wow!

Not sure if I'm crazy about the inclusion of Darvish but an amazing card.

Thanks Michael! I do wish the Darvish was a retired veteran for the HOF/Retired Vet/Modern Day trio, but it will be fun seeing how Darvish does through the rest of his career. I know he is not a HOF shoo in, but he may have what it takes if he stays healthy.

That is an amazing card!

Thanks Dustin! Do you have a favorite trio card for Dawson that you own?

Awesome card but how do you know its #ed 1/5? I see no #ing on the card anywhere?

Thanks and I bet you can see the numbering now ;)

Congrats on the pick up, also.

Thanks a ton Ryan! I'm glad it is from a set you haven't been working on :)

It is above Felix's head, just like in the /50 version

Always helping Alex lol! I hope all has been well for you dude!

I love seeing people's pickups, but the story and research behind it what really makes them special, great stuff

Thanks so much! The research can be slightly challenging but both fun and rewarding.

This is how you do research people. If you don't do research dont buy patch cards! Now does this make it full proof that it's 100% from that jersey or real? No, but this is as good as it gets. Very well done Alex as I do the same thing on my patch purchases and most of the time I can pinpoint what jersey it is or more than likely be from. Great job and I hope people read this and take note on how you do research. If your not sure just ask around at some of the patch collectors, myself included, will try and help out on identifying if a patch is legit or not. Awsome awsome card man!

Yes it's a little work but the life of a patch collector, lol.

Perfectly said Tony! I have learned so much from a few of you, and others should definitely take note to ask around if there is any "unsureness" prior to spending on material pieces. Have you come across any Satchel Paige logo patches before? This was the first I have seen.

Awesome pick up! Those are sweet patches

Thanks Anthony!

I search for Satchel patches quite often and have never seen this one.

Awesome pick up!

Thanks JB! Do you have any Paige patches? I think I remember it listed last year as Jeff said below but it came and went so quick. The only other one I have seen is this one below, but I haven't seen it listed. Looks like the mouth from the Indians logo and the outer border of the Mariners patch for Felix. Neat to see the hat hole piece on this as well:

13PAP-SPFHYD-PPAF-305.jpg

I enjoyed the read almost as much as the card itself.
Outstanding post for an outstanding card by an outstanding member!!:D

Awww shucks Dave, making me blush again ;) Thank you kindly!

I saw that card a year or so ago on my search list. That's a hat hole, Alex. Great research on the Satchel patch. Congrats on the pickup!

Thanks Jeff, and I'm glad you didn't pick it up now haha! Any new a or b holes for you lately?

Outstanding;)
See what I did there

Haha thanks Richard!

Holy christ !!!

Good thing JJ wasn't on this one Dave!

That's incredible Alex!

Thanks so much Andy! Now only if I could find things at steal prices like you get :)

All I can say is I love you.....

I love you too bud haha! How have the HOF pickups been going for you?

Or do you mean hole-y haha! Thanks Adam!

Extremely cool. Love the research!!

Thanks Jeff! I honestly feel lucky this wasn't picked up before I had a chance to make an offer on it.

That's awesome! So by your research of that Satchel jersey back in '04...since you believe those other sets have used pieces from that same jersey, have you been able to follow the print runs to get an idea of how many pieces have come from 1 jersey? With the type of research you have done on a player who doesn't have jersey pieces in very many products, it might actually be possible to get a fairly close estimate here.

Thank you! That is a great idea to check out the print runs and checklist. I'll try to do so this week. I love the Cobb jumbo in your sig! Pack pulled/rafted if I remember correctly?

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Thanks Dustin! Do you have a favorite trio card for Dawson that you own?

No, I have two lol.

2001 Leaf Rookies and Stars Triple Threads Andre Dawson/Ryne Sandberg/Ernie Banks:
scan0026.jpg

2010 Topps Triple Threads Relic Combos Andre Dawson/Gary Carter/Vladimir Guerrero:
scan0027.jpg

Last edited:

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
Sweet Satchel Paige patch! I remember that card, or one of the other 5, being sold last year at open auction on Ebay. I wish I could remember what it sold for, but I know the Paige patch was amazing like this one.

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
The Satchel patch on the 1/1 is from the right side of the Brave's forehead with a part of his hairline.

Members online

Latest posts