Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Congratulations!It's your 14-year eBay anniversary

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Old guy ebay club checking in

mudflap02 ( 3806
iconRedStar_25x25.gif
) Member since: Jun-08-99 in United State

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
You have me beat January 10, 2004 so almost 11 and a half years. I would hate to see my first purchase it was probably junk that I wish I could of changed if I did then what I am doing now I would own a lot more Jeter's than I do now. I am sure I would have a Mirror Gold, and Crusade Red already as well.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008

I believe my first purchase was a chrome Hot Wheels Auburn like this one:
$_12.JPG

I used to collect Hot Wheels. I still do, but I used to, too.

Anyone do Teletrade? I was big into that before ebay killed it. You think sniping from 45 seconds away was tricky, try placing a bid through the phone within 10 minutes of auction close when hundreds of other people were calling in, too.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
After reading this I feel like an ebay newb. Member since: May 11, 2004.

Like many of you, the early purchases were paid with money orders. I reviewed my first few purchases and they were fairly solid with only a couple fails. First purchase was a lot of 2 Prince Fielder Prospect Premieres autos both PSA 9s for $135. Then the fail, a lot of 2 Casey Kotchman Prospect Premieres autos for $83. Then the big win, a lot of 2 Miguel Cabrera Topps Traded autos for $516. It's odd to see how many of my early purchase were for lots of 2 to 5 cards.

hairyharold

Mar 20, 2014
trips to the shoprite for money orders regularly those days. only once did i get screwed, for a vince carter bowman best auto refractor. only 65 bucks but damn i wanted that card of VC.

anyway....congrats! ive been on since 02 but had an account back in 98 that well...i was 12 so wasn't always paying up lol.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I used to purchase my money orders at Thrifty Drugs, which is now Rite-Aid. Never once got screwed on either a check or money order purchase.

gpenko826

Feb 15, 2011
Hit my 16 year anniversary on November 14th of last year. I remember the wild days when you could leave feedback for anyone you wanted to, even without a transaction! My first feedback I ever got was for a sale I made on the old AOL message boards... And the first card I ever bought was a 1995 Summit Nth Degree Carlos Baerga - already owned one for the Baerga collection, needed that one for the Nth Degree complete set :)

No star ratings, sellers could leave negative feedback when justified, regulations were so lax that you'd see people with feedback in the -30 range, no selling limits, 99% of your sales were completed with checks or cash sent in the mail, and the fees were next to nothing! Ah the good old days :)

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I quit with my first account because I was ripped off after buying a pair of Air Jordan XI Carolina Blue and white for $200, and they never shipped them. And me, lying about my age, didn't know what to do, so I just quit eBay for years.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Bumping this in case Astroburn didn't see my question last night.

Just 14? 16? I got my 20 year last year. That was back in the dial up days...
How have you been with eBay more than 20 years? eBay started publically under that name in September 1997.

Members online

Latest posts