Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

We have our first winner - TTT Community Tournament - Congratulations Zan!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
The design of the Ethier is kinda plain vs the Greenberg. Hard to discount a 1 of 1 though. The only issue I have with the Greenberg is that they could've punched something other than HOF on there as that one seems to be used a lot on TTT cards.

Greenberg has just a slight edge on the Ethier. My vote is that Greenberg moves on into round 2!

Fordman

sierra79

Feb 15, 2016
Deland, Florida
As far as the design is concerned i agree the Greenburg wins, and the fact that he is a vintage HOFer helps too. As far as the rarity I would have to go with the 1/1 of course. So for me this is tough, because I have to ask myself which would I prefer to have in my collection.

I'm going with the Greenburg; classic design with bat relics from a vintage HOFer did it for me.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I like both and it is a close tie, because of that I go with the Greenberg. I'm not a GU bat fan on cards but that is by far my favorite design triple threads wise out of every year of TTT (I have the Doerr gold).

maddux69

Nov 21, 2013
NC
Great cards to start out! If this is a preview of what is to come, we are going to see some great collections. I vote for the Greenberg as well, they hit it out of the park with the design.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Greenberg, had the cut out been some weird word or phrase that would have changed. HOF works well on it.

Ryan

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I vote for Greenberg. I do have to say it was not easy. That Ethier is sharp and should have gone up against another 1/1 TTT and not a G/U card. Just my opinion.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Maybe adding a poll so there'll be more votes?

I thought about it, but want to use the same thread for each bracket in this tourney (to avoid too many threads). I will look into it to see if I can do it without having to create a new thread for each bracket.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Maybe for each round a MOD could sticky for a few days? Don't think that would hurt anyone. And should I vote or stay out of it since I'm in the tourney?

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Maybe for each round a MOD could sticky for a few days? Don't think that would hurt anyone. And should I vote or stay out of it since I'm in the tourney?

I will reach out to a mod. And, please vote. Everyone is welcome (even those who submit). When it gets to your bracket you can also add a "why I picked this card" blurb.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I will reach out to a mod. And, please vote. Everyone is welcome (even those who submit). When it gets to your bracket you can also add a "why I picked this card" blurb.

Good to know.

I really like the Greenberg it is very pleasing to the eye.

The reason I picked the card I did was because [MENTION=5961]MisterT[/MENTION] recommended base, relic, or single auto relic. I figure I have tons of relics and auto relics, but really only 1 base 1/1 that is not a plate. So I chose that. The design is nice, the color is nice and no one else has the same card.

Being slightly biased, I of course vote for the Ethier.

This is a very cool contest and can't wait for future brackets!

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Good to know.

I really like the Greenberg it is very pleasing to the eye.

The reason I picked the card I did was because @MisterT recommended base, relic, or single auto relic. I figure I have tons of relics and auto relics, but really only 1 base 1/1 that is not a plate. So I chose that. The design is nice, the color is nice and no one else has the same card.

Being slightly biased, I of course vote for the Ethier.

This is a very cool contest and can't wait for future brackets!

Nice run down, and great vote too :)

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
I like others have stated think this is a great matchup to begin things. I picked this card because although I have a few TTT pieces (including the 1/1 base from 2009) I had been searching for this card for a while. It was ultimately gifted to me by a friend, which makes it even more special.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I like others have stated think this is a great matchup to begin things. I picked this card because although I have a few TTT pieces (including the 1/1 base from 2009) I had been searching for this card for a while. It was ultimately gifted to me by a friend, which makes it even more special.

It is a very nice card.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I appreciate the fact that the submissions were sent, and match ups were random. Luck needs to play a part in this to alleviate any favoritism, but also helps ease the mind of voters (and submitters) to not making this personal, and we can focus solely on the cards! In this case, if that was a RC 1/1, it would have been a blowout win for Ethier, so I had to look it up, and it looks like Ethier RCs were 2006. I only have a couple 1/1s of Gwynn, so they generally do not impress me too much otherwise, especially without anything extra (something unique). I'm going with Greenberg because it's gold, and I really like the HOF cut out. The SGC case almost lost it for him, though. Close matchup!

Latest posts