Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A Modern Day Holy Grail Has Hit eBay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Password is Bigly. I really like Harper but I still think Trout will be the generational player.

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

Same here. This is why I'd consider the 2009 BC Trout superfractor auto to be the crown jewel of this decade.

The 2001 BC Pujols auto was last decades big chase card especially since it's much rarer than these days BC prospect autos

Realistically at auction staring at .99, 7 days what would this bring?

General rule of thumb is that a superfractor is x100 the value of a raw or BGS 9/PSA 9 base auto. When it comes to high value elite players the multiplier can greatly vary from x100.

His base autos appear to be ending in the $800-$1k range so in answer to your question I'd value this at roughly $80k for the time being. However, I don't know if it would realistically end at the price.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Can anyone please tell me what a holy grail is I feel like an idiot help

Sent from my F5121 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

grail
ɡrāl/
noun
noun: Holy Grail

1. (in medieval legend) the cup or platter used by Jesus at the Last Supper, and in which Joseph of Arimathea received Christ's blood at the Cross. Quests for it undertaken by medieval knights are described in versions of the Arthurian legends written from the early 13th century onward.
2. a thing that is being earnestly pursued or sought after.

Apply the 2nd definition to trading cards & you've got your answer. What would be considered a "holy grail" card can vary from person to person, as it can be subjective.

Example: A 2011 BC Paul Goldschmidt superfractor auto would be the holy grail of my Paul Goldschmidt collection
Another Example: The 2009 BC Mike Trout superfractor & 2001 BC Albert Pujols autos are often considered to be the two holy grail Bowman Chrome cards

RagingAcid

Feb 26, 2017
Markham, ON
grail
ɡrāl/
noun
noun: Holy Grail

1. (in medieval legend) the cup or platter used by Jesus at the Last Supper, and in which Joseph of Arimathea received Christ's blood at the Cross. Quests for it undertaken by medieval knights are described in versions of the Arthurian legends written from the early 13th century onward.
2. a thing that is being earnestly pursued or sought after.

Apply the 2nd definition to trading cards & you've got your answer. What would be considered a "holy grail" card can vary from person to person, as it can be subjective.

Example: A 2011 BC Paul Goldschmidt superfractor auto would be the holy grail of my Paul Goldschmidt collection
Another Example: The 2009 BC Mike Trout superfractor & 2001 BC Albert Pujols autos are often considered to be the two holy grail Bowman Chrome cards
Yup I'm an idiot

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Same here. This is why I'd consider the 2009 BC Trout superfractor auto to be the crown jewel of this decade.

The 2001 BC Pujols auto was last decades big chase card especially since it's much rarer than these days BC prospect autos

General rule of thumb is that a superfractor is x100 the value of a raw or BGS 9/PSA 9 base auto. When it comes to high value elite players the multiplier can greatly vary from x100.

His base autos appear to be ending in the $800-$1k range so in answer to your question I'd value this at roughly $80k for the time being. However, I don't know if it would realistically end at the price.

I'm very confident it would go higher than that based on some sales of rare high end Chrome cards...

I'd guess $150k-$200k

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
I'm very confident it would go higher than that based on some sales of rare high end Chrome cards...

I'd guess $150k-$200k

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

It could, I just don't like to overestimate with superfractor autos anymore because they always end up selling for significantly less than I expect them to. Recently I've decided to assume the bare minimum.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
It could, I just don't like to overestimate with superfractor autos anymore because they always end up selling for significantly less than I expect them to. Recently I've decided to assume the bare minimum.

On a card this high it can obviously go any way but over the last little while it seems more and more big players (investment funds etc) are getting into the game, so I would be surprised if it went for less than $150k. I know of a red refractor 9.5 of a big (but less established) name that changed hands recently for $53,000.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
In all honesty before I clicked on the link, I thought it might finally be the Longoria super. Unless I've missed something it still hasn't surfaced, correct?

Dec 4, 2008
Can anyone please tell me what a holy grail is I feel like an idiot help

For those who prefer explanation in movie form :
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0097576/

When Dr. Henry Jones, Sr. suddenly goes missing while pursuing the Holy Grail, eminent archaeologist. Dr. Henry "Indiana" Jones, Jr. must follow in his father's footsteps to stop the Nazis from getting their hands on the Holy Grail first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
For those who prefer explanation in movie form :
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0097576/

When Dr. Henry Jones, Sr. suddenly goes missing while pursuing the Holy Grail, eminent archaeologist. Dr. Henry "Indiana" Jones, Jr. must follow in his father's footsteps to stop the Nazis from getting their hands on the Holy Grail first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Love the movie, really love the explanation of the nickname "Indiana" at the end, laugh my but off every time.

Members online

Latest posts