Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2019 Lumberjack Bingo: CLOSED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Branch 3 cleared April 17
Hou 56 Wade Miley
Sea 69 Erik Swanson
Cle 81 Carlos Carrasco
Oak 67 Frankie Montas
Atl 72 Kevin Gausman
Phil 63 Jake Arrieta
Tot 408

Confirmed! You can start working on Branch 4 as of April 17. A six day head start.

Nice to see a branch cleared the traditional way. Just sorry the bounty is unavailable (chainsaw already used by others).

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
This has been the toughest Branch for me so far. Closest I have gotten was 364 points.

I don't think I've broken 300 yet. With all of the off days and rainouts this early in the season I think I've only had one day where all 6 of my teams have played the same day

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
I don't think I've broken 300 yet. With all of the off days and rainouts this early in the season I think I've only had one day where all 6 of my teams have played the same day

Agreed...I think I’ve been barely over 300 once or twice.
So how’s it work for a double-header? I assume it’s only the higher of the two Game Scores, not both.

Collecting ‘96 Select Certified Mirror Gold baseball. Let me know whatcha got for sale/trade!
Sent using Freedom Card Board mobile app

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Agreed...I think I’ve been barely over 300 once or twice.
So how’s it work for a double-header? I assume it’s only the higher of the two Game Scores, not both.

Collecting ‘96 Select Certified Mirror Gold baseball. Let me know whatcha got for sale/trade!
Sent using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Correct. As per FAQ #5:

5. Okay, so Game Score is for starting pitchers. What if one of my teams plays a doubleheader? Can I count both toward my total?
In the event of a doubleheader, you may only use the higher of the two Game Scores for that team toward your overall combined total.

chippernate

Yankees had 20k today, 4/21, but I’m saving the chainsaw for a day or 2. Want to try and complete the branch.

My question is, if I go ahead and decide I’ll use the chainsaw Tuesday, do I start working from Tuesday, or can game be retroactive from today?

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
hot diggety.....i finally get to move....

yankees struck out 20 royals today so im using my big chainsaw on branch 3 to skip ahead to branch 5.....

my question just to make sure....do i start on branch 5 with today's games or do i wait til monday's games ?

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
i was on branch 3 , so i dont think i voided branch 4 for you.....

edit to add...only 2 of my scenarios for branch five can even be used on a sunday and both failed miserably so looks like i start branch 5 tomorrow....fwiw other than automatic chainsaws , i would still be on branch 1 and could not have cleared branch 2 either

Last edited:

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
[MENTION=5359]clarkzac[/MENTION], [MENTION=18372]RagingAcid[/MENTION], [MENTION=10415]caster513[/MENTION], [MENTION=2055]metallicalex777[/MENTION], [MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION], [MENTION=2671]aarne13[/MENTION], [MENTION=3354]SportsWriterMAB[/MENTION], [MENTION=5808]nerdherd020[/MENTION], [MENTION=10181]CFD1415[/MENTION], [MENTION=4030]michaelstepper[/MENTION], [MENTION=5090]oiccup41[/MENTION], [MENTION=22997]Letch77[/MENTION], [MENTION=2477]Gwynn545[/MENTION], [MENTION=3662]WaxPax[/MENTION]

@game****fanatic and [MENTION=1815]chippernate[/MENTION] have both elected to use their 2nd chainsaw (18+ Yankee strikeouts) today, so they both move down 2 branches as of April 21st.

@game****fanatic is now on branch 5.
[MENTION=1815]chippernate[/MENTION] is now on branch 6.

The OP has been updated to reflect the updated branches everyone is on, as well as the updated bounty status for branches 1-5.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
wow....guess nobody is going to get a bounty in this thing....at least i only used my chainsaw on a branch whose bounty had already been forfeited due to a chainsaw....i think im going to just save time and not bother coming back til after the last branch's auto saw has passed....of course with the abundance of saws , this may be over before memorial day...

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
wow....guess nobody is going to get a bounty in this thing....at least i only used my chainsaw on a branch whose bounty had already been forfeited due to a chainsaw....i think im going to just save time and not bother coming back til after the last branch's auto saw has passed....of course with the abundance of saws , this may be over before memorial day...

I hope this isn't over before All Star Break, unbelievable how many chainsaws were able to be used :eek:

Glad I was able to at least snag the Cloud 9 Bounty. I meant to get this posted much earlier, but finally got a chance to get a picture and upload it. Thanks for the generosity with the prizes through these contests Chris [MENTION=3744]cjedmonton[/MENTION] !

2016 Topps Chrome Trea Turner RC BGS 9.5 with 10 Autograph:
uAR5pXY.jpg

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Set a new high for game score yesterday. Only scored 345, but a lot better than what I'd been doing.

I'm getting the feeling that you're disappointed over a free game. I remember doing these Lumberjack Bingo games and a few others that Chris [MENTION=3744]cjedmonton[/MENTION] would put on every year and I was thrilled to see it come back. Granted, I haven't been doing well in this one, but it's a lot of fun rummaging through box scores of games that I normally wouldn't care about. And as always, I'm sure the prizes are fantastic with Chris picking them. I still remember when he gave away his HOF poster that was signed by just about every possible HOFer at the time

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Set a new high for game score yesterday. Only scored 345, but a lot better than what I'd been doing.

I'm getting the feeling that you're disappointed over a free game. I remember doing these Lumberjack Bingo games and a few others that Chris [MENTION=3744]cjedmonton[/MENTION] would put on every year and I was thrilled to see it come back. Granted, I haven't been doing well in this one, but it's a lot of fun rummaging through box scores of games that I normally wouldn't care about. And as always, I'm sure the prizes are fantastic with Chris picking them. I still remember when he gave away his HOF poster that was signed by just about every possible HOFer at the time

To second this, two people have a commanding lead branch down wise. You both have the choice to not cut the branches, and strategically use your chainsaws as you see fit as you have plenty of time to maximize where you are at with no contention to attempt to win a ton of the bounties you are skipping over.

Either way, the fun and value I see away from the bounties is how neat it continues to be tracking for these scenarios. Obviously looking for Home Run and Strike Out counts is easy chainsaw wise, but I encourage you all to spend actual fun time tracking these scenarios :)

Members online

Latest posts