Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

May 2019 acquisitions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
[MENTION=1837]Dazed[/MENTION] ........... Thank you for the trade. :cool:

2017 Bowman Gore Blue Ref Auto.JPG2017 Bowman Acuna Purple Mojo Ref.JPG2017 Bowman Paddack Chrome Auto.JPG

baberuthfan

Aug 12, 2008
florida
Haven’t picked up any vintage HOFers lately but saw this and couldn’t pass it up. Single signed on an American League ball. Jsa cert

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Kissell.jpg

I checked off another "RC" from my Cardinals Hall of Fame collection list. The modern Cardinals culture wouldn't exist without George Kissell and "The Cardinal Way". Kind of interesting that it is signed upside down but I like it.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Probably the only time I will ever knowingly pay money for a Mark Loretta card.

loretta.jpg

Oh, and picked up another sketch card that, coincidentally, would look nice next to baberuthfan's auto ball!

s-l400.jpg
IMG_3553_zpsekgrnxvo.jpg

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Don’t buy non Brewers cards but this ended too low and I love him [MENTION=3722]madbull34[/MENTION]
IMG_0377.JPG
IMG_0380.JPG
IMG_0381.JPG
Got a great deal on these 3, hoping he gets a shot somewhere
IMG_0382.JPG
Couldn’t pass on a Black Ref for $1.60
IMG_0383.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

madbull34

Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Haven’t picked up any vintage HOFers lately but saw this and couldn’t pass it up. Single signed on an American League ball. Jsa cert

Niiiice! I'm very jealous but congrats!!
I know I've told this story on the boards a few times in the past but I was born and raised in Norwalk, Ohio which was where Lefty lived the last 14 years of his life. He lived with his son and daughter-in-law at 52 Parsons St. from 1961 until he passed away on May 22nd, 1975.
I played my little league years in the Lefty Grove Baseball League which was named after him and is still there to this day. I was too young to appreciate him then and never met him but in hindsight it was pretty cool growing up in a town where the man who many consider the greatest left-handed pitcher of all time lived the final years of his life. I had a buddy in high school who lived right beside of him and would talk to him on occasion but again we were both too young at the time to really have a sense of appreciation or admiration for what he had accomplished in life.
He's only one of three players that I actually collect and I'd love to pick up a single signed baseball of him at some point in the future.
Congrats again on a truly great pickup!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts