Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2019 Lumberjack Bingo: CLOSED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
I could be mistaken, but I believe that all players have to have played in all games that day, meaning that Benintendi not entering the 2nd game messed it up for you. Again, I could be wrong, but that’s my interpretation of the “all games must count” criteria.

hmmmm.....my interpretation was that everyone on an active roster must play (which happened) , but the "all games they play in must be counted (doubleheaders)" merely meant you had to count all their hits that day (ie , you couldnt have 10 total hits , but choose to drop one game of a dh to stay down at 9 hits).....

guess we'll see soon enough...

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
hmmmm.....my interpretation was that everyone on an active roster must play (which happened) , but the "all games they play in must be counted (doubleheaders)" merely meant you had to count all their hits that day (ie , you couldnt have 10 total hits , but choose to drop one game of a dh to stay down at 9 hits).....

guess we'll see soon enough...

I think you win, but Chris will confirm overall. I read the rules like you do, your player has to play that day along with where you have to count each game the player played in (doubleheaders). Benintendi played that day AND all games Benintendi played in (1 of the 2) were counted assisting in all players getting a total of 9 points. Nice win as it sounds like it follows the rules correctly :)

Documented Rules:
Look, up in the left corner! It's a bird, it's a plane...it's your bonus game. Cloud Nine plays independently from your tree. If all 9 of your players shown combine for exactly 9 hits in a single day, you may be a winner! The first to claim wins. *All players must be in action that day, and all games they play in must be counted (doubleheaders).

*The only exceptions for this are if a player is on the IL or is not on a MLB roster that day.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
ok , i THINK i got the last cloud 9 yesterday but there's a situation that makes me uncertain......

benintendi 1
bogaerts 0
votto 2
jose ramirez 0
eloy jimenez 1
upton injured
corey seager 4
jorge polanco 1
tatis 0

9 total hits....the one question though....red sox played a double header....bogaerts played both games , but benintendi only played one of the two....does that mean i CANT win since he sat out one or i DO win because he played in at least one ?

You do win the final Cloud Nine!

Benintendi was in action that day, and all games he did play in were counted (same with the other 7 plus Upton's IL status).

Looking back, I could have perhaps been a little clearer in my wording. Sorry, everyone!

Please send me a PM with your shipping information and I'll get your prize out to you this week.

Back to your regularly scheduled Lumberjack Bingo...

*Nice win indeed, as Tatis saved the day with a single PH appearance!

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
I figured I was wrong in how I read the Cloud Nine rules; I wasn’t paying attention to the “in action that DAY” part. Congrats, game****...nice win!!!

Collecting ‘96 Select Certified Mirror Gold baseball. Let me know whatcha got for sale/trade!
Sent using Freedom Card Board mobile app

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
[MENTION=5359]clarkzac[/MENTION], [MENTION=18372]RagingAcid[/MENTION], [MENTION=10415]caster513[/MENTION], [MENTION=2055]metallicalex777[/MENTION], [MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION], @game****fanatic, [MENTION=2671]aarne13[/MENTION], [MENTION=3354]SportsWriterMAB[/MENTION], [MENTION=5808]nerdherd020[/MENTION], [MENTION=10181]CFD1415[/MENTION], [MENTION=4030]michaelstepper[/MENTION], [MENTION=5090]oiccup41[/MENTION], [MENTION=1815]chippernate[/MENTION], [MENTION=22997]Letch77[/MENTION], [MENTION=2477]Gwynn545[/MENTION], [MENTION=3662]WaxPax[/MENTION]

Branch 6 has been automatically cleared, so everyone can start working on Branch 7 as of June 14th, if you aren't there already.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

As it stands, no branch bounties have been awarded, so I'm sure it has been frustrating just waiting around for a chainsaw to advance, all the while not playing for anything if you aren't on the lead branch.

Therefore, I will be introducing a "reset" to the game starting after the All-Star break on July 12th to help provide more incentive to play while minimizing dead time.

*This reset will only be made if the trunk has not been cleared by July 12th.

Otherwise, on July 12th:

1. All 12 branches and the trunk will be in play at the same time. In other words, no more chainsaws as of July 12th!

2. You can play or replay any branch in any order. If you are the first to complete a given branch without the use of a chainsaw, you win that bounty.

3. Since all branches are in play to everyone, the following change will be made to branch 10 on July 12th:

Remove all "home" or "away" qualifiers from your 4 scenarios.

For example: if you have "Miami loses an away game by 3+ runs", you would now have "Miami loses any game by 3+ runs".

4. The first person to complete the trunk will end the entire game immediately.

Hopefully, this will liven up the game after the All-Star break. In the meantime, the regular rules apply.

This means that chainsaws are in effect until then, and you must progress through the branches the original way to get to the trunk.

Any questions, just ask!

Last edited:

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
So essentially a free for all after that date?

not essentially....actually. haha

For better or worse, this will give everyone a chance to win something in the second half (if it goes that long).

Even for someone in your position, the last 3 branches are a long shot to win anything at this point.

Branch 10 is not even possible until early August.

Branches 11-12 are season cumulative, and aren’t possible until much later either.

Of course, you could rattle off 3 chainsaws and the trunk in the next month and everything’s moot anyway.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Quick question. Games/days prior to the “reset” don’t count for the branch bounties (except for the season-long branches, obviously) correct? For example, if you cleared Branch 3 by conventional means on 5/3 but a chainsaw had already eliminated the bounty, you can’t use that 5/3 date to claim the “reset” bounty?

You’re quite the generous soul for offering this game and a second chance at all of the prizes!! Thank you!

Collecting ‘96 Select Certified Mirror Gold baseball. Let me know whatcha got for sale/trade!

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Quick question. Games/days prior to the “reset” don’t count for the branch bounties (except for the season-long branches, obviously) correct? For example, if you cleared Branch 3 by conventional means on 5/3 but a chainsaw had already eliminated the bounty, you can’t use that 5/3 date to claim the “reset” bounty?

You’re quite the generous soul for offering this game and a second chance at all of the prizes!! Thank you!

No problem! Happy to host.

You're correct on all points. You can not use any date prior to July 12th during the reset (other than the cumulative season long scenarios, as you pointed out).

Playing the entire tree all at once is probably overwhelming, I'll admit.

Therefore, I'll leave it up to everyone how they want to play (focus only on bounties they're interested in, only "easy" branches, just the trunk for the grand prize, or the whole shebang for the diehards!).

Last edited:

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
got my prize for the final cloud nine today.....

a-mazing.....of my 9 possible players , i just hoped it would not be justin upton or votto and really not even jose ramirez or jorge polanco.....the rest of my players (bogaerts , benintendi , eloy , tatis , and seager) were all great options....though i dont really have much of his material , seager even fits into my usc game**** collection ....he had committed here , but when he was taken 7th overall by the dodgers he opted to go pro (cant say i blame him even though it would have been great having him here)...

imagine my surprise and delight when i opened my package today and found a 2017 topps dynasty corey seager gold patch auto /5.....sweet indeed...i'll try to get a scan sometime over the weekend to show it off.....

thanks a million....looking forward to the rest of the season....

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
2019 Lumberjack Bingo

Great win, game****fanatic! Chris continues to crush it with prizes!

I’m going to clear Branch 10 with a chainsaw. The Cardinals hit 4 HRs in their 6/14 game: Wong, Fowler, Martinez, DeJong.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
If that’s the case, I’ll retro my branch 10 to March 29th when the Yankees cranked 4 and now I have to do a deep dive into Branch 11 (which I know is also already clear with a chainsaw but I’ll hold out again)

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
If that’s the case, I’ll retro my branch 10 to March 29th when the Yankees cranked 4 and now I have to do a deep dive into Branch 11 (which I know is also already clear with a chainsaw but I’ll hold out again)

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I assume you meant May 29th (yes, the Yanks hit 4 bombs that day), so you are on branch 11 as of then.

Since [MENTION=1815]chippernate[/MENTION] already utilized the branch 11 chainsaw, you may as well too. Please confirm the date for that.

[MENTION=1815]chippernate[/MENTION]
You are on branch 12 as of June 1st.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
I assume you meant May 29th (yes, the Yanks hit 4 bombs that day), so you are on branch 11 as of then.

Since [MENTION=1815]chippernate[/MENTION] already utilized the branch 11 chainsaw, you may as well too. Please confirm the date for that.

[MENTION=1815]chippernate[/MENTION]
You are on branch 12 as of June 1st.

ok....question.....no on actually used a chainsaw while on branch 11....chippernate used a strikeout chainsaw while on branch 10 to jump down to branch 12....does the double automatically cause the forfeiture of BOTH branch bounties when used ? (ie , a strikeout saw used on branch 7 ...moves to branch 9 ....kills branch 7 bounty for sure , but branch 8 as well ?)

Members online

Latest posts